The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom recalled, could start Tuesday

hatedkid666

#Canucks recall Markstrom, reassign Bachman to @UticaComets. RELEASE→ http://ow.ly/Uq8mj 

Scheduled team day off for #Canucks in CBJ,but Cracknell out on ice shooting on Markstrom.Can envision a Markstrom start tomorrow.

This is big, Miller is starting to show fatigue

Try not to fail in the NHL for the fourth time, Markstrom.

Great attitude, man.
Playing a couple bad games and then getting sent back to the minors is not the same as "failing". Even if it happens to you a couple times in your young career.
Neither is having a comeback season in the A and putting up elite numbers (being arguably the best player in the league).
He's backing up an aging Ryan Miller, and is in the succession plan to take over as number 1 if all things go accordingly... sound like failure to you?

Great attitude, man.Playing a couple bad games and then getting sent back to the minors is not the same as "failing". Even if it happens to you a couple times in your young career.
Neither is having a comeback season in the A and putting up elite numbers (being arguably the best player in the league).
He's backing up an aging Ryan Miller, and is in the succession plan to take over as number 1 if all things go accordingly... sound like failure to you?

This team drives me nuts sometimes. First we take our 35 year old goalie and play him in 14 of 15 games thus completely wearing him out before Remembrance day mostly because it appears that the team has no faith whatsoever in Bachman (who played great in his one and only start as a Canuck, has a very solid NHL record with a variety of lousy teams and whose nickname just became, for me at least, "chopped liver" or perhaps "Petr Skudra") and because "the future" is injured. Next we rush "the future" back from injury into the NHL (where he has never played well) because the #1 guy is exhausted. Why Bachman couldn't have started the game in CBJ is beyond me. Needless to say the Canucks have so much emotionally invested in Markstrom that if he wins (it will be just his 3rd win in 8 attempts as a Canuck) he is a champion and if he loses it will be because he is returning from injury and he "just needs more time". We need all the points we can get and to me this is not a sound hockey decision.

This team drives me nuts sometimes. First we take our 35 year old goalie and play him in 14 of 15 games thus completely wearing him out before Remembrance day mostly because it appears that the team has no faith whatsoever in Bachman (who played great in his one and only start as a Canuck, has a very solid NHL record with a variety of lousy teams and whose nickname just became, for me at least, "chopped liver" or perhaps "Petr Skudra") and because "the future" is injured. Next we rush "the future" back from injury into the NHL (where he has never played well) because the #1 guy is exhausted. Why Bachman couldn't have started the game in CBJ is beyond me. Needless to say the Canucks have so much emotionally invested in Markstrom that if he wins (it will be just his 3rd win in 8 attempts as a Canuck) he is a champion and if he loses it will be because he is returning from injury and he "just needs more time". We need all the points we can get and to me this is not a sound hockey decision.

Some good points in there, especially the chopped liver / Skudra comparison lol, and Bachman should have started one of the games this past weekend. I hope Marky showed he is ready on his conditioning stint, he seems to be such a streaky Tendy.

Anybody get a chance to watch Marky on his recent conditioning stint in Utica? How did he llook?

I watched both games, in the first game he looked a little rusty, post to post seemed a bit out of sync, but the second game he looked like the ole Marky. Was seeing everything and looked very solid in the crease. 

I think he will be very exciting to watch and very solid this year.

Well, maybe look at the silver lining here. Miller seems to like a lot of work-he sure got it. Meanwhile, we didn't have some up-&-comer, sitting, moping on the bench. Bachman was just happy to be in the bigs. He seems a good guy, & can slide nicely back to the Comets & form a solid tandem with Cannata.

Miller has looked pretty good, overall. Now if Jacob can quickly get into last yr's groove(he's very talented folks), we could run with an excellent 1A & 1B for a few wks.

So many fresh faces/youth to eagerly watch, early season. To me, tracking JM's progress is one of the most interesting to date.

A needed break for Miller if Markstrom does get the start. Markstrom's been on the mend for some time now and getting his feet wet in the AHL was a perfect way to work on his timing. Now, it'll help him more to get another start rather than wait to come up next week and sit behind Miller. It'll be good to build on his confidence where we can and see if he can make a real go of the NHL.

Archived