The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Penguins sign F Tom Sestito

• b3. changed the title to [Signing] Penguins sign F Tom Sestito
5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Its also a 1 year deal, ie it expires at the end of this year, No?

And two way.  Would have to think he would start in the minors to get in game shape...

All in all, no big deal!

I was wondering about this.  If true it's luke warm for Tommy.  At least he's back in the NHL family (so to speak).

Could be the Pens are adding some depth for the play offs and it could mean that they will be buyers.  More fuel to the rumours that they'll take a run at Hamhuis perhaps.

1 hour ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Remember when Torts played him on our top 6 :lol::lol:

And he played pretty good. Scoring on the powerplay I think he had 10 points that year And averaged 0.2 points a game give or take. And was a good depth player for a team that had no depth and stood up for all his teammates.

13 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Remember when Torts played him on our top 6 :lol::lol:

Surprisingly didn't play too bad either. 

That Sestito-Kesler-Kassian line was pretty fun to watch despite only being together for two or so games. I think him kicking Kassian in the face ended that though.

8 hours ago, LeanBeef said:

Surprisingly didn't play too bad either. 

That Sestito-Kesler-Kassian line was pretty fun to watch despite only being together for two or so games. I think him kicking Kassian in the face ended that though.

I forgot about this. Torts was really out of his mind as our coach, wasn't he? I hope his year off cleared his head.

On 02/02/2016 at 11:15 PM, Honky Cat said:

Good for Tom,he has a lot of heart,..it was an uphill battle to get back in the NHL for sure..That being said,for his size..I never thought that he was that great of a fighter..I don't think I've ever seen him decisively win a scrap.

He was never a great fighter. I loved the fact that every time we played the kings he would pound Jordan Nolan's face in. I believe it was pretty decisive too.

• 4 weeks later...

Sestito recalled by Pens

Sestito was recalled from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday, Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports.

Sestito has played exclusively at the AHL level this season, where he's notched three goals, six assists, and 55 PIM over 32 contests. The Penguins sent Josh Archibald back to the minors in a corresponding move to make room for Sestito on the roster. The gritty veteran is expected to provide depth to the fourth line during his stint with the club.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/penguins-tom-sestito-recalled-from-minors/

On February 1, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Chalky said:

I hope he does well in Pitt.  I like Sestito, I don't think he has John Scott talent, but he will deter folk from taking liberties with Crosby.

Very few players have Scott type of talent.

Archived