The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Any reason why I shouldn't?

No, he may not remain a King.... I don't really give a rat's ass where he goes as long as it is far, far away from Vancouver.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUTTHURT.

3 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

Can't wait for him to come to Vancouver next season, he will be a Vancouver Canuck why wouldn't you want him to defend our players and be home

No, he doesn't defend his team mates, only his own selfish self.

4 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

Can't wait for him to come to Vancouver next season, he will be a Vancouver Canuck why wouldn't you want him to defend our players and be home

As I have stated previously in other threads devoted to Lucic/Vancouver...... the downside of having him ie: Rep etc. far outweighs any benefits. Not much point in having him in a Canucks sweater if most of the time he's wearing it he's going to be sitting in the penalty box for his antics. He won't get away with his previously demonstrated bad behaviors  in Vancouver and that will only hurt and hinder us without any positive benefits.

11 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Let it be so!  LA can bury themselves under some ridiculous contract and we won't have to hear about how much better this cave man would make us.

I love all the hate towards this guy.

Ye, the same caveman who snatched the Stanley Cup away from the Canucks with the game he plays and got under the skin of every player throwing off all our skilled players not letting them play their game.

..some people have a tough time letting go of the past and realizing his effectiveness. 

33 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/lucics-plan-is-to-remain-a-king-for-remainder-of-career/

Well damn us if this is true.

Finally had a realistic chance at Lucic with him expressing his desire to come back home but I don't blame him. Was surprised he still wanted to come back even after being traded to LA but now he seems to have settled in. It's close enough to home being in the Pacific and arguably the best city you could play for. 

...just a matter if the Kings can afford to pay him and somehow remain under the cap. I know people have mixed feelings about the Canucks signing Lucic but I am all for it. If it happens to be he stays in LA, wouldn't be the end of the world and I guess we could pursue another forward, say like Okposo..

Either way it puts pressure on the Kings. A public statement will have the fans pushing for the signing. It also puts pressure on the Canucks should he get to free agancy to beat whatever the Kings put on the table.  

32 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

would you really pay 6 mill a year for a big guy who cannot even get 20 goals on one of the best teams in the league?

LA is not a high scoring team, that is not their style. They play a grinding, hard-nose defensive game which has won them 2 championships.

Archived