Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Baer will get a big raise.

I think the future Top 6 (with what we currently have) will be:

_______ - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Pettersson - Lind

Kane could be that option, or slide Pettersson to 1LW if Gaudette or someone else we get takes #2C

Sven extension:

5yr 21m = 4.2m per year

is that fair for both sides or reasonable? He will be 30 at end of deal

20 hours ago, Yotes said:

Kane could be that option, or slide Pettersson to 1LW if Gaudette or someone else we get takes #2C

Sven extension:

5yr 21m = 4.2m per year

is that fair for both sides or reasonable? He will be 30 at end of deal

4.2 million, especially if he keeps up his pace (on pace for 60 points). 

I wonder if, for forwards, when they hit 30 - is that considered them entering into their prime years? if so, wouldn't we want to sign up him a little longer? maybe until he's 32? That's usually when players begin to decline, right? 

Baertschi for me, is a classic player who has blossomed late (or is blossoming late). This season, if he keeps his pace up and stays healthy, seems to be his break out season. But I'm not convinced he's peaked offensively just yet. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Baer will get a big raise.

I think the future Top 6 (with what we currently have) will be:

_______ - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Pettersson - Lind

Canucks need to improve the #1LW position though (Kane?). Unsure what Dahlen's ceiling would be. I also think they'll cut their ties with Goldobin at some point, after a couple of years waiting for him to learn to play how they want. Same with Subban. They just gave up on Rodin for this reason.

Gaunce, Gaudette, Granlund, Lockwood, MacEwen and Gadjovich could fill in the bottom 6. Tough to predict though, as there will be more drafts, more great prospects added, trades, etc.  For all we know, Gaudette might be the only one in this list who has a future with the team. (Granlund is the exception, as I hope he remains a regular bottom 6 player)

I'd like to see Baer continue with us, for at least another 3 years. By then, we should have a good idea about Dahlen, Pettersson, Lind and Gadjovich.

Looking at your lines...I'd put Dahlen on LW in that blank spot. I really am not a fan of having Kane here. He will command too much money for what he brings, and hamstring our efforts at getting all these guys signed.

Having put forth the idea of a three year contract, I could easily see $4M yearly for Baer. If he is still playing at a high rate at the end of that...well, we can cross that bridge then. But, having too many good players, is not a bad event to have happen!

Sven is quietly having an excellent start to the season.  Brock and Pettersson are in the lime light right now, but 14 points in his last 15 games is not too shabby. 

I wonder if Calgary could use this guy back :-)  

One thing SB has really improved upon since being benched last year is his defensive awareness, I feel now its a very underrated part of his game.  Hopefully the coaching staff can do the same for Virtanen and Goldobin as they did with SB and make them more complete all around players.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:30 PM, N4ZZY said:

4.2 million, especially if he keeps up his pace (on pace for 60 points). 

I wonder if, for forwards, when they hit 30 - is that considered them entering into their prime years? if so, wouldn't we want to sign up him a little longer? maybe until he's 32? That's usually when players begin to decline, right? 

Baertschi for me, is a classic player who has blossomed late (or is blossoming late). This season, if he keeps his pace up and stays healthy, seems to be his break out season. But I'm not convinced he's peaked offensively just yet. 

I don't think so anymore. It used to be that the prime years for the forwards were from 25/26/27 to say 32. But with the NHL getting younger and younger, you have to be a special player to be playing at a high level after you reach 30 (e.g., Sedins, Thornton, etc).

I think the deal you suggested is fair. He will be 30 and if he is not showing signs of slowing down, then he has another chance to get a big contract. 

What exactly is Baer to our team? I'm still trying to figure that out. It seems to me that he's only as good as the players around him. I like that he charges for the net and gets shots. But I don't think he's a game breaker kinda' guy. Or is he..............hmmmmmmmmm........

11 minutes ago, NexusRift said:

What exactly is Baer to our team? I'm still trying to figure that out. It seems to me that he's only as good as the players around him. I like that he charges for the net and gets shots. But I don't think he's a game breaker kinda' guy. Or is he..............hmmmmmmmmm........

Yeah I get where you're coming from. There are often times that I think someone might have to go to make room on the top 6 and he's oft. the player i choose. 

The canucks are a product of players lile bo and brock. Baertschi is a product of the canucks. If that makes any sense.

8 minutes ago, NexusRift said:

Agree that he is not a game breaker kinda guy.

Skates well but does not possess a game breaking speed.

Shoots well but does not possess a heaviness in his shot nor the exceptional accuracy.

Passes and sees the play well but not at an elite level, like the Sedins.

Overall a very good player with very few flaws. A player that can definitely help the team as a 2LW or 1LW when playing with superior players. 

2 hours ago, NexusRift said:

Complimentary player IMO. Puts up borderline 1st line production per minutes played but is streaky as all hell and can't seem to create much/often on his own.

IMO, he's here until one of Goldobin/Dahlen takes his spot. Hopefully we get/package him for a nice return.

1 minute ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 35s35 seconds ago

Travis Green tells media in Winnipeg that Sven Baertschi has a fractured jaw and will miss 4-to-6 weeks. No surgery required.

Keep your eyes peeled for a Boucher call-up. No idea where goals are gunna come from now for the Canucks

• 4 weeks later...