The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Not yelling. It just copy & pasted that way.

He'll get one of the back-to-backs for sure as we'll need fresh bodies for this Cali trip.

It's probably the logical way to go for Bo, once he gets going it will be hard to sit him out anyway.

Just watching him move D. men around with his butt and controlling possession of the puck while looking for plays...if he could teach Matthias how to do that rather then skate like lightning to nowhere in particular with his head down...at least he scored finally...

I just don't see Horvat coming out of the lineup as soon as he get's 3 games in a row or so.

He'll get one of the back-to-backs for sure as we'll need fresh bodies for this Cali trip.

Exactly. Start the Cali swing with the guys who have played together the whole season so far. Bo will get at least 1 of the games over the weekend.

Well that changes everything!

Hope Bo has a good game tonight, it is a big test for him against one of the best teams in the conference.

I'm looking for him to maybe build off his game against the Avs. He didn't look out of place and hopefully he breaks this thing wide open

Here's some footage I took at the game vs Nashville of Bo. I was really hoping to see him in action that night but he got scratched last second I guess.

Anyways here's the first regular season warm up he ever skated...

Edited by Webster6

Missed the game so looking for some comments on how Bo did tonight. Surprised that he drew in late but not really when you look at how much abuse Kassian's taken lately.

From the stat sheet - team low 7:18 TOI (everyone else above 10 minutes) and 25% (1/4) on faceoffs.

Obviously hard to be noticeable in less than 8 minutes of ice time, and that 25% hardly means that he was bad on the dot since he only took four and it varies by 25% per draw. Anyway, the only stat that really matters is the "W" and Bo contributed 7:18 towards that cause.

I don't think he's ready to be an NHLer but it's nice to see he's getting some experience out of this.

Missed the game so looking for some comments on how Bo did tonight. Surprised that he drew in late but not really when you look at how much abuse Kassian's taken lately.

From the stat sheet - team low 7:18 TOI (everyone else above 10 minutes) and 25% (1/4) on faceoffs.

Obviously hard to be noticeable in less than 8 minutes of ice time, and that 25% hardly means that he was bad on the dot since he only took four and it varies by 25% per draw. Anyway, the only stat that really matters is the "W" and Bo contributed 7:18 towards that cause.

I don't think he's ready to be an NHLer but it's nice to see he's getting some experience out of this.

He had a few nice takeaways, but other than that yeah he was fairly invisible.

i know people forget, but Lain was also supposed to take the opening faceoff in that torts debacle, until bieksa stepped up and stepped in, knowing full well what was going to happen.

Thats true but that was 4th line vs 4th line. And a message was trying to be sent, but your right. Taking the draw against Duchene flanked by Hank and Radim must have been extremely exciting for Bo.

Was Bo in last night, I missed the game any feedback if so?

Edited by WonderTwinPowers

He made a couple nice plays in his own end, was strong positionally and got the puck out when the opportunity arose. He also finds his way to the front of the net with consistency and had a nice little tip in tight that was stopped.

He looked good in the situations he was placed in.

Yeah, he didn't look bad but also didn't have any overly defining moments out there either other than that one rush. Maybe a few good take aways.

Playing against one of the better teams in the league, with limited minutes...not sure if we should have expected much more than that. He never embarrassed himself, so that's good!

Edited by J.R.

Not sure if anyone saw this one defensive play he made in the 3rd I believe. Our LD stepped up outside our blue line on the wall and the puck and a sharks player got past him....As he entered our zone, and there was potential for a 2 on one....Bo came out of nowhere rubbed out the sharks player along the wall...took the puck away did a quick stick handle to avoid another sharks player pressuring him and smoothly chipped the put to Dorseet at the Left wall to start the break out.

It was a beauty of a defensive play. I don't understand people saying he is not ready. To me he is a stud on defensive, as long as his face-off percentage continue. People are concerned about his offensive play but I am not sure what you want from me except create chances, and by my calculations he has had atlas 2/3 per game.

I would be more concerned if he wasn't creating chances and was unable to even handle the puck in the offensive zone, which is not the case. He is playing limited 4th line minutes with Hansen and Dorsett and his line is creating chances regularly while being a less of a defensive liability.

He has been sheltered but I don't think he needs to be.

• Upvote 1

Bo had 2 take aways and did better in FO circle then he was credited for. I really don't know why his ice time was so low.

Some sort of strategy I guess but he played well, won puck battles and almost broke in on goal around a defenseman who poke checked the puck at the last second before Bo was around him.