The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Are you saying Monahan is more dynamic than Horvat?  I'd say the other way around -- Monahan accumulates more points but is often not noticeable and rather plain-Jane, whereas Horvat is always driving play and makes dynamic moves on the offensive end, whether an inside-out or Bo-drag.

I meant dynamic offensive player as in having multiple tools in the offensive toolbox. 

Making a key pass, shot selection, moving to spaces, and etc. 

On February 19, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Wilbur said:

Bo Horvat keeps up moving up the all-time Canuck scoring list.  Now, into 81st.

80.  Mikael Samuelsson RW 155 49 57 106
81.  Bo Horvat C 209 47 58 105
82.  Cam Neely RW 201 51 53 104

that number 82 is hard seeing, man if we had him during the 1994 run

On 16/03/2017 at 3:10 PM, AV's Coin said:

Given Bo's  size could he stand to be more physical to take his game to another level?  I have listened to more games on the radio than watched but it seems for his size and strength he could be more physical overall. Maybe get a bit nasty ala Burrows but he is a such a nice kid. 

Even a fight here or there ala linden or Iginla but fighting does not seem to be in his repertoire going back to Jr..  I can live with that.

Incidentally I found this. No video sadly but I read Pedan whipped him!

Bo Horvat

2012-2013 Regular Season Fight Card

Position: LW
Birthdate: Apr 05, 1995
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 203lbs

OHL Fights: 1

Back to Bo Horvat's Main Player Page
Date Time For Against Opponent
Sep 23, 2012 3pd 13:53 LDN @ GUE Andrey Pedan
Horvat and Pedan both received a slashing.
watch vote Vote / Details

You ask for it you got it, Bo Hor Vat.

As much as I hated the trade, I am thrilled with the results.  I am for ever thankful to Mike Gillis!  In retrospect, Schneids would be wasted on the current team; just as he is in NJ.  Bo will be the central player that drives the Canucks into a new era.

Bo is nowhere near his peak as a player and will continue to improve each year.  I agree with @SilentSam regarding the Shane Doan comparison.  They're playing style is similar, as is their physique, leadership qualities, hockey iq, passion for the game and tremendous tenacity.  I don't know if Bo will reach the 'power forward' status or be as physical as Doan, but I wouldn't bet that he won't.  With the way he approaches the game, it appears that Bo will succeed at anything he puts his mind to.  There's a reason that Doan finds Bo 'the most exciting young player.'  Doan knows.  Bo knows.

• Upvote 1

Horvat did very well in his fight with Nurse. I'd give Horvat an edge in that one. Proud of him and the terrific season he's had, hitting the 20 goal mark and making great strides in his development and taking on a leadership role as well. Unquestionable MVP this season. Congratulations Bo.

Edited by amitriptyline

49 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports  46s47 seconds ago

Simmonds, Point, Giroux and O'Reilly added to Canadian roster today for WHC's. Bo Horvat won't go unless he has new contract. #Canucks

Wow a little disappointed we won't see Bo there, as I doubt he will get a contract signed in the next two weeks.  IMO he'll be signed this summer only.

18 hours ago, amitriptyline said:

Horvat did very well in his fight with Nurse. I'd give Horvat an edge in that one. Proud of him and the terrific season he's had, hitting the 20 goal mark and making great strides in his development and taking on a leadership role as well. Unquestionable MVP this season. Congratulations Bo.

Not unquestionably. Miller should have been the MVP.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Wow a little disappointed we won't see Bo there, as I doubt he will get a contract signed in the next two weeks.  IMO he'll be signed this summer only.

I'm not. Tournaments are fun showcases but with our travel and with all the headaches this long drawn out season I'd rather Bo go fishing and decompress and rejuvinate himself. Bo needs a break from hockey.

On 4/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, Squamfan said:

that number 82 is hard seeing, man if we had him during the 1994 run

If we had Neely during the '94 cup run, probably would have already our first Lord Stanley Cup for this franchise. 

On 4/13/2017 at 3:39 AM, N4ZZY said:

Bring them on board! 

Canucks need scouting like that. damn. 

His draft year totals were great. I figured he was way undersized plus an over-ager. Instead he is 5'11 and a month younger than Ehlers. He was ranked 31st in the CSS rankings as well.