The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bo Horvat on Sportsnet 650:

"I'd just got home from a roller-blade and got all these texts that Trevor had stepped down. It's a big decision, he definitely wanted to make a difference in the organization, and has made a difference. He's done good things for this organization on and off the ice."

On if it's on him to fill the leadership role left by the Sedins: "Somebody has to. It is a big hole they leave behind in our team and our dressing room. We've gotta find a way to fill that void, people have to step up whether that's young guys or veterans."

On what advice he'd give to Elias Pettersson: "To take it slow, take everything in, learn a lot from the older guys, & not put too much pressure on yourself, just go have fun. He seems like a pretty mature guy for his age so I'm sure he'll keep a level head about it."

On when the Canucks can contend: "With Hank and Danny being gone, and things changing, it could be a couple years... But you never know. Look at Vegas. If we get the right chemistry in the room it could be a great year for us, we could make the playoffs this season."

On possibly being named captain: "I see it on social media but I try not to think about it. I just try and focus on getting better but I want to be a leader, guys young guys can approach and be a leader on the ice as well."

On who is going to score the goals: "Guys have to step up and take responsibility for that. Brock Boeser had a great year, myself has to produce, Sven and the young guys coming in, we are going to rely on them."

On his off-season: "I am working on my skating with my power skating coach, you can never be fast enough. Look at McDavid and MacKinnon and the breakaway speed, keep working on that."

"I want to be the best, the best at my position and you want to be talked about throughout the league, be 1 of the best players, that's my goal. You want the team to win but you want to be a guy that is 1 of the better players to help your team win."

Speaks volumes; comes close, but never crosses the line.  Bright young man who has a big future ahead of him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'd just got home from a roller-blade and got all these texts that Trevor had stepped down. It's a big decision, he definitely wanted to make a difference in the organization, and has made a difference. He's done good things for this organization on and off the ice."

On if it's on him to fill the leadership role left by the Sedins: "Somebody has to. It is a big hole they leave behind in our team and our dressing room. We've gotta find a way to fill that void, people have to step up whether that's young guys or veterans."

On what advice he'd give to Elias Pettersson: "To take it slow, take everything in, learn a lot from the older guys, & not put too much pressure on yourself, just go have fun. He seems like a pretty mature guy for his age so I'm sure he'll keep a level head about it."

On when the Canucks can contend: "With Hank and Danny being gone, and things changing, it could be a couple years... But you never know. Look at Vegas. If we get the right chemistry in the room it could be a great year for us, we could make the playoffs this season."

On possibly being named captain: "I see it on social media but I try not to think about it. I just try and focus on getting better but I want to be a leader, guys young guys can approach and be a leader on the ice as well."

On who is going to score the goals: "Guys have to step up and take responsibility for that. Brock Boeser had a great year, myself has to produce, Sven and the young guys coming in, we are going to rely on them."

On his off-season: "I am working on my skating with my power skating coach, you can never be fast enough. Look at McDavid and MacKinnon and the breakaway speed, keep working on that."

"I want to be the best, the best at my position and you want to be talked about throughout the league, be 1 of the best players, that's my goal. You want the team to win but you want to be a guy that is 1 of the better players to help your team win."

Bo knows!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I can see the TSN headline now:

"Did Horvat's desire to compete for a playoff spot this season clash with Linden's rebuilding vision?"

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

"Did Horvat's desire to compete for a playoff spot this season clash with Linden's rebuilding vision?"

Botch-turd, is that you?! 

:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Honestly, it's such a relief to have a player on the team admit that it could be a couple of years before success comes. He admits that it'll be tough to make it, but that there's still a shot in the dark. I honestly got tired of "we're making the playoffs" every season even when it was clear we weren't going to. Bo has a great head on his shoulders. I want him as captain this year for sure, but even if he isn't he darn well better be pretty soon after that.

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, it's such a relief to have a player on the team admit that it could be a couple of years before success comes. He admits that it'll be tough to make it, but that there's still a shot in the dark. I honestly got tired of "we're making the playoffs" every season even when it was clear we weren't going to. Bo has a great head on his shoulders. I want him as captain this year for sure, but even if he isn't he darn well better be pretty soon after that.

I think that it is always the intention to make the playoffs - even if there is little chance of actually contending.  That's been the goal for the last seasons, and it SHOULD be the goal.  The fact is, if we didn't have such bad luck on the injury front there were stretches where we really did look like an "OK" team.  Not good, but OK.  Good enough to be a fringe playoff team.  Of course, we all know how that ended up by the time the seasons ended.

This year we have some extra injection of youth and if a guy like Pettersson can kill it right away, I think we will be looking like a fringe playoff team again at times - even without the Sedins.  But at the end of the day, it's probably going to be another gutter finish for us.  I'm ok with that.  As long as we see progression of our guys, and I think Horvat is a huge part of that.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I think that it is always the intention to make the playoffs - even if there is little chance of actually contending.  That's been the goal for the last seasons, and it SHOULD be the goal.  The fact is, if we didn't have such bad luck on the injury front there were stretches where we really did look like an "OK" team.  Not good, but OK.  Good enough to be a fringe playoff team.  Of course, we all know how that ended up by the time the seasons ended.

This year we have some extra injection of youth and if a guy like Pettersson can kill it right away, I think we will be looking like a fringe playoff team again at times - even without the Sedins.  But at the end of the day, it's probably going to be another gutter finish for us.  I'm ok with that.  As long as we see progression of our guys, and I think Horvat is a huge part of that.  

I would agree; the goal should be to make the playoffs every year, but I think it's fine for expectations to be less. Horvat seems to have that exact mindset, which I love. I think he'll go out of his way to be a leader for the new young(er) kids, whether or not he's captain this year.

40 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I would agree; the goal should be to make the playoffs every year, but I think it's fine for expectations to be less. Horvat seems to have that exact mindset, which I love. I think he'll go out of his way to be a leader for the new young(er) kids, whether or not he's captain this year.

One more solid draft and I will be happy to develop from there. I admit it will be tough getting rid of the 'tanker' slur on my moniker. :( 

8 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Totally...and locally, Crotchturd will take the credit for the editorial genius he is when he runs with it!!!  

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Just because it is August:

This has me so excited for next year, that line of Bo Brock and Sven was doing so well before the injury bug. If that line stayed healthy Bo could have had 60 pts in my opinion.

Edited by taskicon
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sonoman said:

Only 53 pages for #53.  Over 1000 for JV!

Bo is a lot less controversial than JV, haha. If Bo scores only 40 points next year, you'll see this page get a lot more activity.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

The Virtanen thread was also moved from the prospect section so it has all of the draft and development talk. Bo got a new thread in the roster section.

Yeah that was back in the days when we had less organization regarding these sorts of player threads.