The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Borvat said:

Works hard in the off season. Keeps a low profile. Shows up every night.  I am hoping he gets prime ice time this year and shines.  It's his time, he has earned it.

I think you’re right on with Bo getting more cherry time.  We now have Beagle and Sutter to take on the harder minutes.  Although Bo is our best left shot defensive center, so he might still see D zone draws, when face offs are on his strong side.  

• Upvote 2

On August 6, 2018 at 9:51 AM, Dannydog said:

Looking forward to seeing what Bo can do with a few more Offensive zone faceoffs this year.

If Bo has Beartchi and Boser healthy all season  28 goals and 65 points

Boser 35 goals 72 points..

Beartchi  23 goals  46 points..

Go Canucks Go

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

If Bo has Beartchi and Boser healthy all season  28 goals and 65 points

Boser 35 goals 72 points..

Beartchi  23 goals  46 points..

Go Canucks Go

Agree with those projections as a high end for that line. There's also the potential that Pettersson replaces Baertschi as a winger, which could be even better or a flop.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, Borvat said:

Works hard in the off season. Keeps a low profile. Shows up every night.  I am hoping he gets prime ice time this year and shines.  It's his time, he has earned it.

You forgot one thing...

I am hoping he gets prime ice time this year and shines AND GETS to WEAR  THE C ON HIS Jersey this year......    It's his time, he has earned it.

• Upvote 1

On 05/08/2018 at 10:21 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Just because it is August:

Thanks for posting this Rob. I never registered till just now how much I enjoy Horvats goal celebrations. When ever he scores, be bring the excitement and joy of his first goal of the season. We have had many (great) years of captains who celebrate goals in a classically gentlemen fashion.

I like seeing some emotion.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Neither did the Sedins, except the fact they were Swedes. If they were Canadian they'd have been held in much higher regard over their careers.

They’re basically Canadians now. LOL 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Attakid Bo... such an Ox bodytype.  Almost comparable to the Kesler physique ?   Time for a sports illustrated shoot ? :lol: 

dO9CmMO.jpg

More tanky than Kess IMO. Kesler was leaner and Bo is more beastly.

Still...those abs are remarkably well-defined for a 220-pound man. We have a good one on our hands boys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Attakid Bo... such an Ox bodytype.  Almost comparable to the Kesler physique ?   Time for a sports illustrated shoot ? :lol: 

dO9CmMO.jpg

I don't think he has the Kesler physique at all...

...he doesn't have the d-bag abs or the scumbag pecks!!

Nevermind the obvious lack of low - character quads.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

That's our future captain!

Can you imagine what it will do to him if he's never named captain with all you fans saying "UR UP" lol.

Guys in great shape, zero question. Good example for all youth agreed. Is he the best captain option? I'm not sure. Boeser, Hughes, Pettersson and many more may want a say in the matter. Juolevi maybe. :P Lots of options. Lets not write them all of cuz Bo was the first born child. Let the guy play and be a leader among his peers. See where the chips fall.

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Can you imagine what it will do to him if he's never named captain with all you fans saying "UR UP" lol.

Guys in great shape, zero question. Good example for all youth agreed. Is he the best captain option? I'm not sure. Boeser, Hughes, Pettersson and many more may want a say in the matter. Juolevi maybe. :P Lots of options. Lets not write them all of cuz Bo was the first born child. Let the guy play and be a leader among his peers. See where the chips fall.

Only those who make the decision truly know. He's a great candidate, but in the end, it's up to the team and Green. At least I think that's how it works.