The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Considering last year was the first time he really played 5v5 with a top-end skilled player and that said player was a rookie and both missed significant parts of the season, as well as the fact that he's now going to be deployed as the 1a/1b scoring line, it appears that 60 points is likely his baseline as he already cleared 50 the year before.

Only 36 centres in the NHL had 60 points or more last year.

If Bo Horvat can get 63 points this year he is officially a 1st line centre with respect to offensive production. I think with Pettersson and Boeser on the PP that he will get there this year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Considering last year was the first time he really played 5v5 with a top-end skilled player and that said player was a rookie and both missed significant parts of the season, as well as the fact that he's now going to be deployed as the 1a/1b scoring line, it appears that 60 points is likely his baseline as he already cleared 50 the year before.

Horvat had only a small increase in production last year. In 2016-17, he produced at a 52-point pace and in 2017-18, he produced at a 57-point pace. He's not quite at 60 points, but he's very close. It was his goal-scoring last year that exploded going from 20 to 28 goals (pace).

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

#1 PP with EP40 and Boeser will get him another 20 points. Top line C with ozone starts gets him more ppg. As you said Horvat will have more TOI with better players. All Bo has to do is stay healthy.   

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Only 36 centres in the NHL had 60 points or more last year.

If Bo Horvat can get 63 points this year he is officially a 1st line centre with respect to offensive production. I think with Pettersson and Boeser on the PP that he will get there this year.

He seems to click with Pettersson on the PP. When Pettersson gives him that quick pass down low he always has a few options, drive the net, pass etc.

• Like 1

Watching this preseason game just reminds me and probably everyone of how important Bo is to have in the lineup.  It reminds me of last year when he was injured for two months.  It's been such a scrappy game, and there is noone on the team, except EP (although definitely not as strong 5 v 5), who can drive the play at all.  It makes it a scrappy ping pong match which is hardly watchable and almost impossible to score.  The two preseason games Bo was in, I didn't think that at all because he was able to keep driving the play and that made it more fun to watch.

Oh how I hope he doesn't get injured this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Always love it when someone puts Messier down a notch in all-time Canuck scoring.  Horvat did that tonight with his two point effort.

49.  Tiger Williams LW 312 83 82 165
50.  Bo Horvat C 297 72 91 163
51.  Orland Kurtenbach C 229 62 101 163
52.  Doug Halward D 324 45 118 163
53.  Moe Lemay LW 279 70 92 162
54.  Mark Messier C 207 52 110 162
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Horvat: minus 3 !

Couldn't keep up with Johnny....

Further improvements in his game urgently needed.

I think that match up just isn't his best. He can run against Toews, Malkin, and Getzlaf pretty well, but Jonny and Monahan give him trouble.

• Upvote 1

We might have Horvat to thank for Boeser bumping his slump:

Bo Horvat could easily be a captain. The reasons why are plentiful. But the bottom line is he’s mature, grounded, even-tempered and he spent years playing with the Sedin twins.

His best Sedin story will always be from a game day skate in December of 2015 in Philadelphia.

Mired in what ended up being a 27-game goal-scoring slump, Henrik promised Horvat he would be fine, telling the then-sophomore how much he struggled at the start of his career.

Henrik reminded Bo he was good and it would show.

“It just meant the world to me. That’s one of my highlights I’ve ever had with them and right after that I played some of the best hockey I’ve ever played,” Horvat recalled.

‘That’s when my season took off.”

In some small way, Horvat carried it forward with Boeser.

“I went up to him after the last game we lost and I told him to keep plugging away. I told him to keep going,” Horvat said.

“I thought this was one of his best games tonight and for him to score on top of that makes it that much better.”

Boeser still has a ways to go to play the best hockey of his life. But tonight was a start.

https://theathletic.com/583331/2018/10/12/the-athletties-the-gilly-thing-the-aqua-thing-and-how-boeser-got-the-flow-back/

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

We might have Horvat to thank for Boeser bumping his slump:

Anyone who's a big fan of Horvat and his leadership should be very grateful for the leaders Bo learned from in the Sedins.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

#NotMyCaptain

Bo should have took the hit no matter what. He passed and that is as much a commentary on the Sedin era as not. Bo came in under their tutelage. I am hoping he realizes this will be a new era and that players like EP40 will always be targets unless protected. IMHO the reaction has to be automatic not a vote on the bench or a coach saying "calm down'.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Bo should have took the hit no matter what. He passed and that is as much a commentary on the Sedin era as not. Bo came in under their tutelage. I am hoping he realizes this will be a new era and that players like EP40 will always be targets unless protected. IMHO the reaction has to be automatic not a vote on the bench or a coach saying "calm down'.

We need to protect our stars like how the Oilers protected Gretzky.

Imagine if it was Gretzky who received a can-opener / choke-slam combo, how would Marty McSorley react?