The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

the team isn't doing that great either. it's a team game. a players success is often the by product of their team's play and success or lack thereof. this version of the canucks aren't doing any players any favors. Danny is on pace for 47 points. is that his fault or the team he's been surrounded with this season? 

While you're point is valid, Bo is doing poorly even when compared to his teammates, meaning that even by low standards, he's not doing well. Many of his teammates are with better numbers than he, which would seem to imply that perhaps Bo is more the issue than anyone else. That or perhaps he just happens to be on the receiving end of the bad plays by others but others get off the ice in time to avoid the negative numbers.

On 11/4/2016 at 10:25 AM, The 5th Line said:

If we don't find some skilled players for Bo to play with his development will take a big hit offensively.  

Boeser perhaps?

Also I am hearing the radio interview with Bo Horvat and said he liked Mike Richards ... oh no :blink:

Edited by iinatcc

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Boeser perhaps?

Also I am hearing the radio interview with Bo Horvat and said he liked Mike Richards ... oh no :blink:

Richards in his prime is exactly what I'd want Bo to be, except Bo is bigger and stronger.

6 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Richards in his prime is exactly what I'd want Bo to be, except Bo is bigger and stronger.

Not to mention he posted 4 straight seasons of at least 60 points.

Most of CDC would be pretty happy if Horvat could become a consistent 60-70 point two-way forward.

22 hours ago, ajhockey said:

22 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Not to mention he posted 4 straight seasons of at least 60 points.

Most of CDC would be pretty happy if Horvat could become a consistent 60-70 point two-way forward.

Captained the Flyers to the Stanley Cup finals in 2010, 2-times Stanley Cup Champion with the LA Kings, Olympic Goal medal in 2010, Runner-up for the Selke in 2009-2010 (lost to Datsyuk by 3 votes).... we all hope that Horvat can at least be as close to that.... minus the drug problem and subsequent decline, lol.  

On 2016-11-14 at 5:26 PM, N4ZZY said:

the team isn't doing that great either. it's a team game. a players success is often the by product of their team's play and success or lack thereof. this version of the canucks aren't doing any players any favors. Danny is on pace for 47 points. is that his fault or the team he's been surrounded with this season? 

Boaster tonight's game against Arizona is now on pace for 29 goals and 54 points. if he finishes with those kinds of numbers. i'd say he's right there to be cementing his place as second line centre. 

55 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Boaster tonight's game against Arizona is now on pace for 29 goals and 54 points. if he finishes with those kinds of numbers. i'd say he's right there to be cementing his place as second line centre. 

Last year only 31 centers finished with 54 points or more... so yeah I'd say so. maybe even poor man's 1st line or elite 2nd line center. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't think he's going to shoot at 20+% all year, but his assist totals should rise as Baertschi's shooting% comes back up to normal career numbers.

I think he'll probably get up to around 150 shots again this season hopefully more, although he's only on pace for 130 right now. With his career 12.7% shooting percentage he should score around 21 goals, and add 32 assists.

53 points would be a solid number from Bo!

Edited by Derp...

41 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Leads the team in goals, doesnt get all of the favourable o zone starts and no first line unit PP time.

How many of you would trade Horvat for Schneider now?  Good Gillis Pick.

Good pick but Schneider is an elite goalie. Gillis should of received way more in that trade. We lost that trade but Bo is a great player and Im excited to watch him for years to come

1 hour ago, Lateralus91 said:

This needs to get done sooner than later. The longer management waits, the more expensive he gets. 

He's looking like a 50+ point getter this year and his defensive play has really improved. As it sits now, his agent is going to be looking at projected value verses current and he's got an argument. Bo's improved every season and looks to continue trending up. I don't doubt, at all, his price tag right now is at 5 per year.

I can see him as our starting 1C next year.

6 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

This needs to get done sooner than later. The longer management waits, the more expensive he gets. 

He's looking like a 50+ point getter this year and his defensive play has really improved. As it sits now, his agent is going to be looking at projected value verses current and he's got an argument. Bo's improved every season and looks to continue trending up. I don't doubt, at all, his price tag right now is at 5 per year.

I can see him as our starting 1C next year.

Get that last part out of your head until hank is gone. even if it was for the greater good it will never happen so long as he's under contract and healthy.