The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Jake came over the top with a few pretty serious shots. I would think he was the one who drew blood. Jake's shoulder problem is a couple of years old now. 

I think your right. Man, I'm just loving Jake's progression this year. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Only the one ingrained in my memory, Alf. :towel: I thought Big Tuna was top notch last night. 

I thought Big Tuna looked more like an Orca last night. Only the second time I remember seeing him fight, but looking forward to seeing him like that many more times. I think maybe he has been taking some lessons from Guddy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Not going to lie, as an angry and passionate Canuck fan, I loved seeing Guddy's cheap shot punch last night.

That said, the more rational side of me knows that it was unfair and not the kind of thing I like seeing. Still, the refs completely lost control of that game after not giving Martel more than 2 minutes.

Same here, at first I was concerned that he went too far with the uppercut, but then after some thought, Martel deserved the payback. It was a cowardly punk move trying to take Stecher out from behind. Gudbranson didn't even receive a penalty for jumping in to beat on Martel. I wonder if DOPS felt that Gudbranson's uppercut was punishment enough for Martel, so they decided not to punish him further.

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Instead Lucic, the big tough guy, was plastering all 5'9" of Motte into the boards trying to kill him.

Lucic does like to hit little guys. And he can barely skate!! Good god he looks like he is going backwards sometimes. Thank god we got Loui and Lucic passed on the Canucks.

I hate that guy!!

Rare to see Gudbranson go after little guys.  He just ignores them or lets them bounce off, and only seems to engage the big boys when goaded.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Same here, at first I was concerned that he went too far with the uppercut, but then after some thought, Martel deserved the payback. It was a cowardly punk move trying to take Stecher out from behind. Gudbranson didn't even receive a penalty for jumping in to beat on Martel. I wonder if DOPS felt that Gudbranson's uppercut was punishment enough for Martel, so they decided not to punish him further.

Honestly, I think it had a big part in it. The Panthers game there was no retribution, and they played again in Jan.. so they wanted to put that fire out with a Matheson suspension. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

Gudbranson is truly one of the more useless players I've seen take up a valuable spot in the Canucks lineup.

Please, someone, anyone, tell me what does this talk drink of water bring to the table other than making girls wish he was single.

He’s a face breaking (see the Flames,and how they play do passively when Guddy is in our lineup) nuclear deterrent, that can actually play a bit.  Those guys are very rare.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Is Gudbranson overpaid for what he brings offensively, yes. Fact is last TDL we likely had next to no  interest in him or the offers would've really made the trade to acquire him poor. My guess is a mid round pick was the best offer.

Erik Gudbranson to be is the D partner for Quinn Hughes his first couple years. He can hit and fight/protect. That is why he is here that is why we overpaid him at 4m per season. Fact is he brings an element to our team that we literally do NOT have.

He wont live up to the 4m salary per year, but I am happy he is on the team. Much rather watch him at 4m vs Eriksucks at 6m at a longer term too!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

Gentlemen, I respectfully disagree. I see nothing I like in his game except the once in a blue moon he stands up for his teammates. NEXT

every team is stuck with atleast 1 player on their favourite team they dont like, Gudbranson is at least 1 of those guys for you on the Canucks

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

every team is stuck with atleast 1 player on their favourite team they dont like, Gudbranson is at least 1 of those guys for you on the Canucks

-Pooalot

-MDZ

-Schaller

-Goldobin

-Eriksson

-Sutter

-Granlund

all guys that are beyond replaceable on this team

Edited by NickTheGreek
  • Upvote 1

Trying to say something kind but it really was a forgettable game for Gudbranson. I think against certain teams you just can't get away with him playing 2nd pairing minutes. He was outmatched tonight and it wasn't helped by how anemic the offense was without EP40. 

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one that love his patented rub-out hit when he follows his check up the half wall putting himself out of position but makes sure he presses himself against his check hard enough to make the end boards wobble a bit to draw 'oohs' and 'aahhs' from the casuals and a hard-earned hit on the stat sheet.

How the hell has Gudbranson made 30 million in the NHL so far and a far superior defenseman in Lukas Krajicek made only 4 million and finds himself out of the NHL.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Am I the only one that love his patented rub-out hit when he follows his check up the half wall putting himself out of position but makes sure he presses himself against his check hard enough to make the end boards wobble a bit to draw 'oohs' and 'aahhs' from the casuals and a hard-earned hit on the stat sheet.

How the hell has Gudbranson made 30 million in the NHL so far and a far superior defenseman in Lukas Krajicek made only 4 million and finds himself out of the NHL.

Don’t forget the needless icing with all the time in the world instead of the simple breakout pass