The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Then you'd trade one of or both Edler  and Del Zotto at the deadline. 

I'd wager MDZ being moved is all but assured. I also doubt both Hutton and Pouliot survive the year.

Edler I'd not be surprised to see re-signed honestly. Doubt he waives and I doubt he just walks. 

10 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I think I can safely say that's what we all want.

As for Juolevi, it all depends on his physical readiness. 

If he's 100% and shows well in the pre-season, there's no reason to think he won't earn a spot.

If he's not at full readiness, I think he starts in Utica.

I don't think he's there for long if he proves himself and our defense falters.

His ceiling is higher than any incumbent on the team.....period.

• Upvote 1

I expect Juolevi to play at 215 pounds when he is finished growing. At 6'3 that would make him the same size as Sami Salo, Olli Jokinen and Alex Edler  

Thats  a good size for the NHL. I hope he takes Del Zotto's spot 

Edler Stetcher 

Juolevi Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson 

On 2018-09-06 at 11:26 AM, RetroCanuck said:

If Juolevi cant beat out someone from our piss poor LD side this year then Ill be worried. He may start slow due to surgery and all but he needs to take the step this year into the NHL and solidify himself in our bottom 4.

Preferably this year we'd see at least one of Hutton or Pouliot take big steps in their development and show they can be top 4 guys. Then you'd trade one of or both Edler  and Del Zotto at the deadline. 

Perhaps make a trade in which we take back an old veteran LD cap dump. Someone like Andy Greene or Marc Methot.

why does a 20 year old defenceman who hasn't played a single ahl game NEED to step into the nhl this year?

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I expect Juolevi to play at 215 pounds when he is finished growing. At 6'3 that would make him the same size as Sami Salo, Olli Jokinen and Alex Edler  

Thats  a good size for the NHL. I hope he takes Del Zotto's spot 

Edler Stetcher 

Juolevi Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Can't see Edler with Stecher, after the chemistry Edler had with Gudbranson last season.

I do think that pairing Juolevi with both Tanev and Gudbranson at different times would benefit him. Tanev could show him the fundamentals of defensive awareness, and Gudbranson could acclimate him to the more physical aspects of the game in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Saw some great signs tonight with Olli . Solid game . Long ways to go , but much better then last year so far. 

Ya i thought he was great, got shots through, some good keep ins at the blue line, QB'd the powerplay and even showed some dangles a one point.

• Upvote 1