The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I may have exaggerated slightly but there's this:

And this:

...just on the last page. 

Ah I see.  Av's fans are as bad as us when it comes to overvaluing their players.  Sakic might be proven himself to be the worst at that. 

I'm not against possibility of trading Juolevi, it just would have to be the right package that would make sense to us in our rebuild. 

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I may have exaggerated slightly but there's this:

And this:

...just on the last page. 

Ah I see.  Av's fans are as bad as us when it comes to overvaluing their players.  Sakic might be proven himself to be the worst at that. 

I'm not against possibility of trading Juolevi, it just would have to be the right package that would make sense to us in our rebuild. 

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The dreaded triple post.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The dreaded triple post.

Edited by Bigturk8
Double Post
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I wouldn't say this fanbase overvalues its players, I'd say its just incredibly bipolar. After a good game everyone says we should hold on to Juolevi for dear life because he's clearly the next Lidstrom. After a bad game we should trade him for a conditional 7th while he still can.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

I wouldn't say this fanbase overvalues its players, I'd say its just incredibly bipolar. After a good game everyone says we should hold on to Juolevi for dear life because he's clearly the next Lidstrom. After a bad game we should trade him for a conditional 7th while he still can.

I suspect that this is probably true of most (all?) fan bases. Folks should go look at the Toronto fan posts after their loss to Ottawa. Upper management was dumb, their coach was out-coached, all of their team played poorly and are over valued, etc. 

I had to check to make sure I was reading about the Leafs rather than the Canucks.

regards,  G.

Just now, Gollumpus said:

I suspect that this is probably true of most (all?) fan bases. Folks should go look at the Toronto fan posts after their loss to Ottawa. Upper management was dumb, their coach was out-coached, all of their team played poorly and are over valued, etc. 

I had to check to make sure I was reading about the Leafs rather than the Canucks.

regards,  G.

This is true. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only thing different about Vancouver is how self-loathing the fans are. Most fanbases seem to think they are the greatest fanbase on Earth. The people on CDC at least make it sound like we don't even deserve a team.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Usually when I talk down a prospect they seem to make me eat crow pretty quickly. Maybe I should do it more often. First time this season he's looked like the player we drafted imo.

Do you think a blanket statement would work? Could be an efficient way to get the best prospect pool in the league through one sentence. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think you have drawn incorrect conclusions because you generalize a large group of diverse fans to be characterized by a few outspoken individuals.

The fanbase is not "incredibly bipolar", imo; some are loud "Chicken Littles" and some are loud homers, and the rest are the huge majority that fall between these extremes.

Both tend to be quieter when it becomes more difficult to maintain their positions, each in their turn.

I do not believe that it is individual fans changing their minds about everything Canuck every time circumstances change.

The same goes for accusing the fanbase of being "bandwagoneers"; I for example, have not ever jumped off the bandwagon and there are many more like me than the media leads us to believe.

We are Canucks fans and we are great fans.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Like with Virtanen, a little patience and everything will be OK.  Nothing bipolar here - been stressing this for entire time posting about these prospects.   Let them develop at their individual development pace and you will get a better player in the end.

I like OJ as a pick and I think the Canuck fans will like this pick a LOT in coming years.

Patience.   

To many fans get excited when players do not evolve as they expect. It is all about getting games in and adjusting to the NHL game. Some will do so but other s, for whatever reason, will not. For me it is all about the timeline and where the Canucks will be in 4 years. I can get excited watching a Virtanen or a Hutton working on their games.   

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Like with Virtanen, a little patience and everything will be OK.  Nothing bipolar here - been stressing this for entire time posting about these prospects.   Let them develop at their individual development pace and you will get a better player in the end.

I like OJ as a pick and I think the Canuck fans will like this pick a LOT in coming years.

Patience.   

on-the-nose-slider3.png

• Upvote 1