The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, 2011 said:

Anybody else notice that Juolevi and Boesser play the same position on the powerplay?

Eh, I think Boeser is the QB because UND lost stecher and really don't have someone that is high and can shoot.

I like Boeser a whole lot more on the Left wing on the PP right above the dot then I like him playing the point on the PP.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Silky smooth for most of the game but horrible play at 3:22. Hope he gets it out of his system now and learns from it.

I don't think we have ever had a dman like this in our system. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Silky smooth for most of the game but horrible play at 3:22. Hope he gets it out of his system now and learns from it.

I'm glad hes not afraid to try things. Some of his plays are rather risky but I like the fact hes attempting things at the chl level too see if their viable.  If anything it will only improve his confidence in his offensive game.  Very nice passing and overall a pretty darn good stick in this game.  I think the quality of linemates doesn't really help showcase his skillset.  But you see glimpses of his play and he looks really intriguing.  I think hes trying new things so he can maybe be our # 1 D.  

he definitely has the mindset for it!  He reminds me of when I saw Dumba play in the W in his final season.  Just confident, quick, and kind of trying new things.  He seems a little more "into it though" then dumba seemed.

Has anyone heard any word on how Juolevi's weight gain is coming?  I believe I heard he was at 175'ish in camp.  The Knights website says hes at 180.  Does anyone recall exactly where he was at camp.  My memory is kinda questionable.  Wonder if there is any more info on his possible weight gain?  The canucks wanted him more around like 195-200 didn't they?

elite prospects has him @ 181

wikipedia has him @ 186

anyone know the accurate account?

Edited by Rush17

From the last video, other than the high risk play that ended up in the net, his game was excellent. So smooth, excellent stick handling, crisp actuate passes and great anitcapation. He recovered well. Honestly, his passing reminds me of Henrik.  He will get bigger and better. Heck of a smart player. 

Olli's ability to kinda walk the line and curve around closer to the net on the far boards looks like another level entirely.  he scored his first goal of the season like that and nearly inked one in the clip above too.

you only see top end elite d pulling that move off. I'm glad he's expirimenting.  he also has the luxury of no crazy future nhl stars making it easy.  he now has to make more things happens and it also gives him the puck more.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:31 PM, Gooseberries said:

4th

If we finish last we'll pick 4th

Arizona 

Vegas

Toronto

Vancouver

Liljegren + Juolevi if we end up 1st or 2nd. We wouldn't even need an elite 1C at that point.

Edited by thejazz97
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gooseberries said:

You honest I'm not as high on OJ as most of my fellow fans.

I think he's a Top 4 defenseman at absolute worst, and some have said Nick Lidstrom at absolute best. He probably ends up somewhere in the middle, possibly a bit better than Edler in his prime - minus the physicality.

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Haha, that's your boy. 

He looks amazing.  Skates like Karlsson thinks the game like Lidstrom and just turned 17 years old 14 months playing against men potting almost 40 points in his first season, most of which as a 16 year old.

Ya...him and Juolevi on our blue line makes me salivate.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1