The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

13 minutes ago, apollo said:

Jimbo should just take what CDC wants. Not what he thinks. 

It appears he's already sewered our highest picks we've had in decades... #6 overall with Jake and #5 overall with Olli 

Passed on Ehlers, Nylander for Jake... guess the pressure of being a new GM and taking the home town kid was too much

Not to mention missing the obvious choice in Tkachuk... Aside from the fact that both Sergachev and Chycrun seem like they'll be better than Olli.

W.e I hope I'm wrong and he's made the right choices but so far it looks terrible.

In other news regarding Benning failures: he went with blue socks this morning rather than the power red, he got whole wheat toast with his eggs and not the obvious choice of sourdough, and he got Thousand Island dressing on his salad rather than Ranch or Italian... and have you seen how he parts his hair?

regards,  G.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, if Benning makes a trade with Nill, sending Tanev and our #5 to DAL for their #3 and #29, who does Benning take at #3? This would secure his choice of Vilardi or Glass, but we may also get real lucky ( I know, I know), and perhaps Patrick falls to #3. I doubt it, but you never know. Does he then take a D with the #29? Not even sure who that would be.

Branstrom/Hague please

I believe Makar and Heiskanen go 3 and 4 in some order. Canucks will have their pick of the next best centre (good luck knowing who that really is). I'd like to see the Canucks move Tanev somewhere like Buffalo and get their first. We could then take the next best D, Liljigren, or, my preference, the next best forward. I think there is a chance Vilardi could be there and he could end up in the middle or on the wing. Post Sedin era looks a little brighter IMO.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Branstrom/Hague please

I think that would be great, but they may be gone before #29? (unless JB does a further deal trading the #29 and the #55 to say, STL for their #20). (LD) Hague or (LW) Vesalainen would be good there.  

33 minutes ago, apollo said:

Jimbo should just take what CDC wants. Not what he thinks. 

It appears he's already sewered our highest picks we've had in decades... #6 overall with Jake and #5 overall with Olli 

Passed on Ehlers, Nylander for Jake... guess the pressure of being a new GM and taking the home town kid was too much

Not to mention missing the obvious choice in Tkachuk... Aside from the fact that both Sergachev and Chycrun seem like they'll be better than Olli.

W.e I hope I'm wrong and he's made the right choices but so far it looks terrible.

Hindsight is easy.   GCG!

P.S. - I suspect you aren't being serious but even the suggestion of letting CDC run the zoo makes me cringe.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think that would be great, but they may be gone before #29? (unless JB does a further deal trading the #29 and the #55 to say, STL for their #20). (LD) Hague or (LW) Vesalainen would be good there.  

Not super interested in Urho guys of his ilk can be dug out of late rounds or go undrafted see Tanev.

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Hindsight is easy.   GCG!

P.S. - I suspect you aren't being serious but even the suggestion of letting CDC run the zoo makes me cringe.

Yea I wasn't serious but Jimbo has sucked. Hope his picks turn around otherwise he truly has sewered our highest picks in for ever.

27 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Wouldn't sour me on taking him. Has he signed a contract to do so? I would think that the team picking him would have some sway in the outcome of that decision but no matter where he plays after the draft I think he would be my choice from a team need standpoint though the BPA maybe Vilardi/Glass.

Given his size concerns, another year in the SHL would probably be the most prudent route.

If Makar is there at 5, do you swing? I'm so torn on it. Love the potential, but we don't have a great history of having success based on potential.

Still like Pettersson, or Glass at 5 for the Nucks. Wouldn't be against Mittelstadt either, but seems like we might be looking passed him now.

1 minute ago, Derp... said:

If Makar is there at 5, do you swing? I'm so torn on it. Love the potential, but we don't have a great history of having success based on potential.

Still like Pettersson, or Glass at 5 for the Nucks. Wouldn't be against Mittelstadt either, but seems like we might be looking passed him now.

Ive gone back and forth on this. I think the Canucks want Makar but believe he'll be gone. I think Glass is their guy.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think so too, with Montreal at 25, recently traded Sergachev and often have a size complex, I don't think Hague makes it past the 25th spot, if not before that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I really dont think they will take Makar over Glass , maybe over Pettersson and Vilardi.

If the draft goes:

Hischier

Patrick

Glass

Heiskanen

Makar/Pettersson/Vilardi --> Maybe they take Makar here over Pettersson

Hischier

Patrick

Vilardi

Heiskanen

Glass/Makar/Pettersson - Really think this is will be extremely tough for management 

Because Vilardi seems similar to Horvat, and Heiskanen similar to Juolevi in player types and assets that they bring to the table.

But I personally really want Glass over everything. He's got everything we need isn't a risky pick and has just as high a potential as anyone in this draft. Horvat + Glass would really solidify us down the middle.

• Upvote 1