The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

On 4/30/2021 at 6:37 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Beauty goal. This kid has SKILLS.

Honestly he has been a treat to watch this year. I haven't had a chance to see him in any games till this season. (I never got to watch any of his games while he was in college)edit

He does that # 10 justice too...when I watch him that's exactly what I think...I haven't seen a guy fly like that since Bure.

No pressure kid lol

Edit: to add to my point. I see comparisons of Raymond or Grabner. But both didn't really have hands to match the speed. That's what is insane for me. This kid is going mach speed while handling the puck at the same time. Doesn't bury every chance he gets. But wow...I haven't seen speed and control like that on our team since Bure in my opinion.

Edited by Attila Umbrus

On 5/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

Honestly he has been a treat to watch this year. I haven't had a chance to see him in any games till this season. (I never got to watch any of his games while he was in college)edit

He does that # 10 justice too...when I watch him that's exactly what I think...I haven't seen a guy fly like that since Bure.

No pressure kid lol

Edit: to add to my point. I see comparisons of Raymond or Grabner. But both didn't really have hands to match the speed. That's what is insane for me. This kid is going mach speed while handling the puck at the same time. Doesn't bury every chance he gets. But wow...I haven't seen speed and control like that on our team since Bure in my opinion.

I don't remember Raymond or Grabner being particularly physical . Lockwood is always physical. Is Lockwood as fast as Grabner and Raymond?

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't remember Raymond or Grabner being particularly physical . Lockwood is always physical. Is Lockwood as fast as Grabner and Raymond?

Yeah he has some amazing speed. It’s actually really caught me be surprise as I’ve only watched his hi lites from Michigan. Never a full game, till this season in Utica...but wow! 

Edited by Attila Umbrus

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Is someone else dinged up? McEwen is back for Monday's game, so that makes Lockwood an extra forward.

My take is that Jim is forming an opinion of which UFAs and RFAs he wants to resign, so likely we'll see a couple sit the last 2 or 3 games to make way for the Lockwoods and Gadjovichs.

I'd bring back Graovac, Hawryluk, Bailey and Lind and let Sutter, Baertschi, Boyd, Vesey and Michaelis go.  (Highmore has another year left on his contract, like Roussel)

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yeah he has some amazing speed. It’s actually really caught me be surprise as I’ve only watched his hi lites from Michigan. Never a full game, till this season in Utica...but wow! 

It’s not just that he is moving fast, so is the brain. Lockwood is pretty much the opposite of Moe LeMay.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Googlie said:

My take is that Jim is forming an opinion of which UFAs and RFAs he wants to resign, so likely we'll see a couple sit the last 2 or 3 games to make way for the Lockwoods and Gadjovichs.

I'd bring back Graovac, Hawryluk, Bailey and Lind and let Sutter, Baertschi, Boyd, Vesey and Michaelis go.  (Highmore has another year left on his contract, like Roussel)

I pretty much agree with this except I’d like to see more of Boyd before we cut him loose. He was starting to look a little more comfortable last night and getting that goal might loosen him up a little but  he definitely needs to show more to stay.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

With these callups I assume they are still under the cap and player roster? I've been impressed with Gryovac, Lind, and Highmore. It will be nice to see what Gadj and Lockwood have to offer. Bailey has that great speed, but I only see a bigger Hawryluk. I've seen nothing impressive with Vesey, Boyd, Michaelis, and we all know Baertschi and Loui aren't going to be on this roster next season. I at least don't see how Loui could come to camp and turn managements heads. Sutter is an interesting read though, it's like he gets an injury every season, when the team needs him the most. I'd keep him one more season. As I've said in other posts, I can see a kid like Lind, start on the 4th line, with a Motte and Sutter.

I'm sure Pods is going to be in the top 9, gradually working up to the top 6. Gryovac could be that 3rd line center too. What's the deal with Beagle, I have no idea what I missed when he left the roster? Any game I watched nothing stuck out to me as career ending. Off season, if Sutter is gone, a third line center.

Then there's the defense.....OJ and Rathbone don't look out of place at all. I really believe that Edler is going to retire, and the only reason he's playing this stretch of games is for that goal 100. The offseason gets should be another NHL defenseman.

54 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I pretty much agree with this except I’d like to see more of Boyd before we cut him loose. He was starting to look a little more comfortable last night and getting that goal might loosen him up a little but  he definitely needs to show more to stay.

Not too bad in the faceoff circle last night either.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

It’s not just that he is moving fast, so is the brain. Lockwood is pretty much the opposite of Moe LeMay.

Good lord, were we excited when he came out of juniors to play his 5 game stint. Everything he did was at warp speed. I didn’t see that type energy again until Bure showed up.

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

I'd keep Sutter one more year, if he's willing to sign for something around the 1.75 - 2 million per. He's been effective this year, mainly because he hasn't had as many injury issues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I remember his 5 game stint with the Canucks, and I thought this is going to be a player. I've never been so disappointed in a young kid so quickly. So much hype.