The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Montreal LS Top 4 - Edler for picks?

22 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

If we got Juulsen and their 1st.....I would be pretty darn happy

Works for me on every level

They can throw what ever cap relief they want....their Choice! 

I could be wrong, but I'd be shocked if anyone would give up a recent 1st round pick plus a 1st for Edler.  honestly, the way Emelin has played since the midpoint of last season and the start of this season, coupled with Edlers poor play of late, I'm not even sure if edler is much of an upgrade

Montreal doesn't really have anything we need other then picks.  They don't have any dynamic forward prospects and we don't need anymore tweener checkers.  They have some good defensive prospects which we also don't need.  I'd be trying to pry Jonathan Drouin out of Tampa.  Tampa loves Vancouver Canuck defensive cast offs!

id be down for letting edler go, but on the left side that would push hutton or tryamkin to be on the first pair and that is a lot to ask of them

to mtl: edler, 2nd pick 2017

to van: desharnais, mccarron, 1st pick 2017

desharnais works as the salary retention for this season because mtl would need to shed some cap to acquire edler

52 minutes ago, billabong said:

id be down for letting edler go, but on the left side that would push hutton or tryamkin to be on the first pair and that is a lot to ask of them

to mtl: edler, 2nd pick 2017

to van: desharnais, mccarron, 1st pick 2017

desharnais works as the salary retention for this season because mtl would need to shed some cap to acquire edler

I maybe didn't explain this well enough so thanks for re-iterating, Desharnais is just a cap dump so they can fit in Edler. He has no value this early in the year with just 6 points at a 3.5 cap hit. Could fetch a 5th maybe at the deadline. 

The 2nd round pick and 1st round pick would probably only be 5 or 6 spots apart, so it would be Edler for McCarron and moving up in the draft. 

McCarron could be trade bait. After a solid rookie AHL season with 17 goals in 58 games he has seemed to regress a bit with just 2 goals in 15. I'd maybe add a late MTL 2nd from their side to make this work. 

I included the picks just based on the article. Interesting how some people are saying I way over estimated Edler's value, whilst others are saying I way under-estimated. 

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

if they want edler

we want gallagher

they can have subban too (or some other small piece)

I would love Gallagher, but I don't know if they would trade a player who, adjusted for games played, was second on the team in scoring last season. 

1 minute ago, canucklehead44 said:

I would love Gallagher, but I don't know if they would trade a player who, adjusted for games played, was second on the team in scoring last season. 

if they want our top dman

who is on a good contract for a #1 dman

then they have to consider giving us one of their top forwards

gallagher is from here and would be a perfect fit for this team

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Montreal doesn't really have anything we need other then picks.  They don't have any dynamic forward prospects and we don't need anymore tweener checkers.  They have some good defensive prospects which we also don't need.  I'd be trying to pry Jonathan Drouin out of Tampa.  Tampa loves Vancouver Canuck defensive cast offs!

That's Tanev then.  Maybe throwing in Burrows or Hansen.

1st, either Scherbak or McCarron and maybe a decent roster player, at least.  

I mean if Kes got two roster players and a 1st and Jim's hands were tied (hence trade return would've dropped), just think about what he could get with Edler.  Sure Eddie's not a big point producer but he'd make their group look much better, and no way Bergevin doesn't realize that about a guy of his caliber.  Just look at this solid group in front of Price, honestly reminiscent of the elite Predators defensive cores at least, if not better.

Edler - Weber 

Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Emelin (I think Alexei played right side before?) 

I don't see a lot of pieces that can come back. JB probably is thinking immediate help.

Gallagher has been in a slump, I don't know if they would move him now at a discount.

The person Canadiens probably would like to move is Plekanec, That's a $6,000,000 salary with 2years left.

I'd take that salary with picks and prospects. I just don't think JB would be going down that path.

6 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

If they gave us a first and those two 2nds

and you what Edler haters? I bet that's around the value he fetches

But if the deal is for scapes then no. we have to shake our pushover image, make teams pay, or get nothing 

Edler couldn't even get us a signed price jersey 

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

1st, either Scherbak or McCarron and maybe a decent roster player, at least.  

I mean if Kes got two roster players and a 1st and Jim's hands were tied (hence trade return would've dropped), just think about what he could get with Edler.  Sure Eddie's not a big point producer but he'd make their group look much better, and no way Bergevin doesn't realize that about a guy of his caliber.  Just look at this solid group in front of Price, honestly reminiscent of the elite Predators defensive cores at least, if not better.

Edler - Weber 

Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Emelin (I think Alexei played right side before?) 

Honestly, McCarron and a 1st and I'll buy Edler's plane ticket. 

If Edler was in his last year of his contract.... maybe MTL would be interested. But I just don't see them taking on 5 mil for 2 more seasons after this one. It would also be an admission of a shift to not being competitive and more emphasis on rebuilding, and I'm not sure if mgmt is quite ready to admit that one just yet.

Archived