The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Avs open for business

So today I was kinda bored so I was reading some articles. Apparently Avs wanna build their team around MacKinnon and are open to shopping Barrie and duchene. 

I'll make a possible trade, and as always tell me what u think...

To Avs

Edler 

Hansen 

Sutter (retain 30%)

2nd

To canucks 

Duchene 

Barrie 

If trade is done: 

Lineups 

Rodin duchene Eriksson 

Sedins burrows

Baertschi horvat granlund 

Dorsett Chaput skille 

Tanev Barrie 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Tryamkin/sbisa  stecher 

Expansion draft 

Sedins

Eriksson

Duchene 

Horvat

Baertschi 

Granlund 

Tanev

Barrie 

Gudbranson 

Expose sbisa since he's actually playing good now I don't see how las vegas doesn't take him

Next year's lineup 

Rodin duchene boeser 

Baertschi horvat granlund 

Sedins Eriksson 

Dorsett gaunce burrows 

Barrie Tanev 

Tryamkin stecher 

Hutton guddy 

Markstrom

If the Avs wants to build around MacKinnon, they won't trade two of their biggest bargaining chip for older players. 

They will trade them for picks, prospects or young NHLer with lots of potential, making the Canucks an unlikely trading partners.  The Avs best option to maximize the return on these players is to trade them to Cup Contenders and gets 1st picks and young players in return.

If you want Duchesne, it will cost Horvat or Boeser.

If you want Barrie, it will cost Hutton+ or Stetcher++.

Forget about it. We need to draft and develop our own Duchesne/Barrie-types. That's the only way to acquire them without it being essentially a lateral move.

I think Stecher makes Barrie a bit obsolete. Barrie is listed at 5-10 190 (maybe soaking wet, after a big steak) so he's a bit bigger than Stecher but not appreciably and Stecher seems to be developing a similar style. 

If you're talking Tanev, Torts 2nd for Landeskog then that might be something to go for. 

4 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

To Avs

Edler 

Hansen 

Sutter (retain 30%)

2nd

Edler waives for one of the worst teams in the league for what reason exactly? 

I wish people would make at least an attempt at making reasonable proposals keeping in mind guys with NTC/NMC hold the leverage and JB has said publicly several times he's not approaching them to move. 

Edler to a great team with a legitimate chance of winning makes at least some sense.   Edler waiving for a bottom feeder - not so much. 

If anything,  Tanev for GL is more realistic. 

2 hours ago, Monty said:

That alone wouldn't get you Duchene.

Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Are you serious?  I read this and felt this: Sutter + the Torts second for Duchene is very fair.  The Avs have been horrible since losing ROR. Sutter could fill that need.  

That means Edler for Barrie.  Seems like another fair deal.  

Alf gives TWO THUMBS UP TO THIS VERY FAIR TRADE.

We could probably pickup Soderberg for minimal exchange of assets (given his contract and current season production) to play centre with Eriksson. We have Granlund and Sutter playing a lot of wing. They were effective together in Boston and are close friends. Some snippets from various headlines and articles below:

http://nesn.com/2015/09/loui-eriksson-of-course-was-sad-to-see-carl-soderberg-leave-bruins/

"Soderberg, Eriksson Impress in First Year with B's"

"Eriksson was such a driving force on the B’s third line with Carl Soderberg and Chris Kelly. And it was pretty funny to hear the argument flip from ‘Eriksson can’t produce without Soderberg’ to ‘Wow, Eriksson really brings the best out of Soderberg’. Eriksson drove possession like a first-liner, and produced like a second-liner. On the third line. He’s good."

"At even strength, Soderberg and Eriksson were the second-most reliable offensive pairing after Bergeron and Brad Marchand."

"the line of Kelly, Soderberg, and Loui Eriksson has been the best trio on the ice for the Bruins thanks to their chemistry and ability to control play in all three zones"

"
With Carl Soderberg gone, what will Bruins do with Loui Eriksson?"

5 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Edler waives for one of the worst teams in the league for what reason exactly? 

I wish people would make at least an attempt at making reasonable proposals keeping in mind guys with NTC/NMC hold the leverage and JB has said publicly several times he's not approaching them to move. 

Edler to a great team with a legitimate chance of winning makes at least some sense.   Edler waiving for a bottom feeder - not so much. 

^ This.

I would take Duchene, Landeskog, Barrie, Mackinnon, and Rantanen.  That is about it from that team.  We need elite skill.  We don't need to be trading prospects or young players for 3rd liners who are 30 like Soderberg.

I would not give up everything, but I would strongly consider trades for those guys.  

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are you serious?  I read this and felt this: Sutter + the Torts second for Duchene is very fair.  The Avs have been horrible since losing ROR. Sutter could fill that need.  

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Monty's correct on this one Alf...

Duchene >>>>>>>>>>> Sutter 

Barrie>> Edler (at this point in his career)

I love the nucks but outside of Horvat/Tanev a few of our prospects and maybe Miller to a team desperate for goal tending (that he would waive to) our players are worth little to nothing to other teams.

Archived