The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duchene and Landeskog could be hitting the market

billabong

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

It's that time of year where bloggers and the like all spin in their swivel chairs in laughter as they see outcry reactions from sites such as this when they post BS stuff like this. 

Canucks also play AV'S next week so there's that

Yeah, cuz there's never scouts at games...

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:
Hopefully this is for Landeskog and not for Iginla

Iginla for Virtanen + 2nd

LaBamba's been away, so someone had to pull that tired one out.

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Darren Dreger noted on TSN’s Insider Trading that the asking price for Gabriel Landeskog would along the lines of “a top-level defenseman, a first-round draft pick, plus.”

Source

That could easily be what Sakic asked for... doesn't mean he is going to get it, and is probably why a deal hasn't yet been done.  Start high and see how desperate teams are.  Colorado doesn't particularly need to be in a rush, the only reason for them to make moves sooner rather than later is to make sure they cement themselves in the basement this season and they are accomplishing that already.

On our end an offer with Hutton, Virtanen and a small piece would be a reasonable offer and not something you hang up the phone on.  Another team may be able to offer a single higher end prospect/player that beats offering two pretty decent pieces though.

We can't afford to give up Hutty.. Virtanen, I could let go of, Sbisa maybe, but even he's playing a complete game these days.  But Hutty is the best D we have points wise on the team, and still room for improvement.

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

To VAN

2017 2nd, 3rd

Landescog

To COL

virtanen

sbisa

ericksson

Hansen

wr protect

sedins, landy, bo, Baer, Granny, Sutter, Edler, Tanev, Guddy

Eriksson just signed here and has a full NMC in his first 2 years. I don't see that happening.

4 hours ago, beni said:

Hope not. But I guess somethings gotta happen with the expansion coming 

i like bäer more than granlund. so i wouldn't mind losing granlund over bäer. and baertschi has chemistry with Bo. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

i like bäer more than granlund. so i wouldn't mind losing granlund over bäer. and baertschi has chemistry with Bo. 

but you have to be attractive to make them bite.

Gudbranson + Baertschi + 2nd(clb) could make it.

Duchene hits the 30 goals plateau just once and his already 26 years old.

to be honest i would prefer to get ride of Edler, so i put him with our 1st 2017 on the table. Edler is aging, and our fist we'll be something around 10-15 this year on a weak draft.

Edler + 1st for Duchene.

For some reason, i'm not sold on Benning with our 1st rounds pickups. He seems to have a good nose for talent on 3rd to 5th+ rounds, but not that much with his choices in 2015 and 2016. so throwing our 1st to get the speedy Duchene (we lack speed so much) i don't mind at all.

Archived