The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Sbisa or gudbranson

orcasgonewild

I don't think so Alf, lots of other players will be exposed too who are more... lets say...  name-able?  Seems to me that in the states especially Vegas would be all about the names to bring in fans even if they sucked like the rangers did with all the stars yrs ago that looks great on paper but were too self centered to become a fine tuned team. Eventually they did better but they still filled the seats

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously?  You would give up Gudbranson + Juiolevi + our 2017 FIRST for Landeskog?  That seems like a HUGE overpayment, considering Larsen returned Hall.

It is an overpayment and that's what it will take to pry their young captain. People are basing everything off the hall trade when the league knew Edmonton was handcuffed and had to move on of their young players 

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vegas will need to get to the Cap floor, so a guy like Sbisa, who can play and gets paid a fair amount, might do them better than a cheaper option, like Granlund or Baer.  

Vegas will have zero problem getting to the cap floor... they will be in tough to fit all 30 selections under the cap ceiling actually.

Who knows what their actual roster will look like as it will be a ton different between who they select in expansion and who they ice on opening day.

5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

I don't think so Alf, lots of other players will be exposed too who are more... lets say...  name-able?  Seems to me that in the states especially Vegas would be all about the names to bring in fans even if they sucked like the rangers did with all the stars yrs ago that looks great on paper but were too self centered to become a fine tuned team. Eventually they did better but they still filled the seats

Earlier (I can't remember if in this thread or not), some one posted that Vegas could potentially take 13 defensemen (they are required to take a minimum of 14 forwards and 3 goalies, so that is 17 of their 30 picks, so could take 13 defensemen).  Wouldn't McPhee stockpile defensemen then look for trades to get more attractive forwards in a package?  Or trade for prospects and aggressively go after the free agent market with the freed cap room (they have a 48 hour window of opportunity to sign FA's before other teams can sign them - and have permission to talk to pending free agents before the 48 hours begins)

22 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

It is an overpayment and that's what it will take to pry their young captain. People are basing everything off the hall trade when the league knew Edmonton was handcuffed and had to move on of their young players 

Sounds like the Avs are in the same spot the Oilers were, doesn't it?

Sbisa has slowly but surely become one of our most solid defencemen. Leading our D in +/- two seasons in a row. Been our top defenceman for long stretches with Edler and Tanev injured. This guy is one of  the more underated Canucks for sure. Right now he's our 2nd best shutdown D man after Tanev and 4th best overall after I'd say Edler, Tanev, Stecher. Hutton and Gudbranson are clearly 3rd pairing guys compared to Sbisa. They all bring different things to the table, but Sbisa brings far safer defence, better physicality and I'd rather good defence from a defenceman than the occasional pretty pass/goal but sloppy defensive coverage.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sbisa has slowly but surely become one of our most solid defencemen. Leading our D in +/- two seasons in a row. Been our top defenceman for long stretches with Edler and Tanev injured. This guy is one of  the more underated Canucks for sure. Right now he's our 2nd best shutdown D man after Tanev and 4th best overall after I'd say Edler, Tanev, Stecher. Hutton and Gudbranson are clearly 3rd pairing guys compared to Sbisa. They all bring different things to the table, but Sbisa brings far safer defence, better physicality and I'd rather good defence from a defenceman than the occasional pretty pass/goal but sloppy defensive coverage.

Sbisa also skates extremely well.  

We're going to lose one pretty good player. Impossible to know who at this point in time. Trades could be made b4 the deadline. Trades can be made b4 the expansion draft. There could be a whole lotta shakin goin on.  29 other teams are in the same predicament and it's a small price to pay for the millions each team received from the expansion fee.

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

AT this point I can rank Tanev ahead of Sbisa but not Edler or Stecher. Stecher has to show me more over a longer period but he obviously has serious ozone upside. Edler's consistency is a question to me. At 20 minutes of TOI I think Edler can shine more. What I want to see is whether Sbisa can up his offensive numbers? His skating and decent shot could start paying off. Combine that with a better forward group and we might be surprised. Bottom line I do not think Sbisa has topped out yet.

I cannot argue with your having Hutton, EG and Tryamkin as the bottom 3 but in no way do I see it as a put down. All three have great potential in their own ways and I can see anyone of them as an eventual top 4 d-man.

10 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I'm not sure why folks think we'll lose Sbisa, other than trading him which makes no sense at all since he's a decent D already with room for growth plus why folks Subban is a shoe in to crack the line up when he has a lot of work to do to make the nhl and be consistant as well

Isn't that exactly why we would lose him to Vegas? Subban might be 8th on the Depth chart next year, that doesn't mean he is a shoe in for anything.

well mr furball, your right as far as he's good but i doubt he'd be picked over a lot of other D in the league that are in a good development stage with a lower cap hit.

over payment??? Whoa...  if Benning did that we'd have every GM in the league ready to fleece us! 

Well usually i'd agree there but i bet that Vegas will spend right to the max cap primarily to try to have a form of entertainment that will bring in crowds sooner than later simply because it's Vegas where revenue would mean more than a cup.

You know you can multi quote instead of making 4 individual posts one after the other right?

It wasn't that long ago Sbisa was feeding the opposition perfect passes in front of his own net.

Then. He starts seeing a sports psychologist, and.....

wth? Who is this guy?

He looks like a completely different player out there the last number of weeks. You can tell he's full of confidence, and even starting to make some noticeable offensice plays in the far zone.

I was on this guy as much as anyone before but he looks to have really flipped some kind of proverbial switch. If he continues playing this way - no way do you get rid of him.

Guddy on the other hand... nut lookin' so Gud

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Mattrek said:

I think you're looking for 2015 with that statement. Door's to the left.

Yeah your right he was even worse then. Look I'm not saying hes not improving, nor am I saying he sucks. He does not have a lot of give aways but he seems to have a knack for coughing it up at the worst time. He does not deserve to be in the second pairing and imho he should be the first benched when gud comes back.

A lot of people seem to like him here on CDC and nothing is wrong with that. But people are  like really high on him here, like Hillary Clinton supporters high. I digress tho because theres a lot of circle jerking that goes on here, and I mean a lot.

On 02/01/2017 at 9:35 PM, J.R. said:

Rather have a young top 3 forward and Gudbranson than a lotto ticket. 

I don't like the abuse Tanev takes or how often he's injured due to it. I don't like how he has an NTC starting this summer and I don't like how he'll be exiting his prime by the time were realistically contending again (if that injury history hasn't become a problem before then).

We have the D depth to move him. We need the the forward depth only he'd realistically return. 

I hate being right all the time. :angry:

One of EG and Sbisa will have to be traded at tdl. Or we lose one of them for nothing. No way we can afford to do that. If we can get a decent prospect and a late 1st or early 2nd I'd be happy. Better than getting nothing. 

If I'm JB i trade one of these 2 Dmen depending on who you get a better return for and i also trade Hansen. Then we can protect everyone we want to keep. I don't want to lose Granlund so Hansen needs to be traded. He's been great for us but he's getting older and is having injury issues this year. His game will go down from here. Love the guy but tough decisions need to be made for the future of this team.

9 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

One of EG and Sbisa will have to be traded at tdl. Or we lose one of them for nothing. No way we can afford to do that. If we can get a decent prospect and a late 1st or early 2nd I'd be happy. Better than getting nothing. 

If I'm JB i trade one of these 2 Dmen depending on who you get a better return for and i also trade Hansen. Then we can protect everyone we want to keep. I don't want to lose Granlund so Hansen needs to be traded. He's been great for us but he's getting older and is having injury issues this year. His game will go down from here. Love the guy but tough decisions need to be made for the future of this team.

*Tanev. 

Archived