The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Rodin needs to jump to hit Sam Gagner in the knees. He can only dream to have a career like his. And Vanek has been one of our best players lol.

I had high hopes for Anton as well but come on man lol..

5 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I predict Anton coming back and biting us in the Butt....this season....would not surprise me if he kept doing it to us as well....!!

Really bad treatment by JB has lead to this...playing Gagner over Rodin is just wrong and then it gets worse playing Burmistrov, Megna and bringing Boucher up instead of Rodin....hell...Vanek has been better of late but Rodin would have had his goals ....plus more assists ....plus more takeaways...plus less giveaways....

It is actually making me ill just thinking about it....really bad form JB....you need help with your management skills .....

• Cheers 1

I think that Nucks management is still learning about player development - I mean it's one thing to ascertain talent and pick players, but another to get the most out of them...

sadly Rodin hasn't been the first player to be mishandled.   That being said, he didn't exactly 'wow' anyone enough at training camp to guarantee to make the club.

Just a sad waste of talent though..

32 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I predict Anton coming back and biting us in the Butt....this season....would not surprise me if he kept doing it to us as well....!!

Really bad treatment by JB has lead to this...playing Gagner over Rodin is just wrong and then it gets worse playing Burmistrov, Megna and bringing Boucher up instead of Rodin....hell...Vanek has been better of late but Rodin would have had his goals ....plus more assists ....plus more takeaways...plus less giveaways....

It is actually making me ill just thinking about it....really bad form JB....you need help with your management skills .....

what are you talking about

rodin could not make the team out of training camp and preseason

he was paid for an entire year... to play 3 games. .when it turned out a previous medical procedure on a knee injury turned out to be inadequate

he was resigned by jb to a 1 way contract.. no other team would do that for him

and then he was not able to make the main team.. he showed very little in preseason .  that actually surprised me.. . i believe he lost a step due to his injury

how is this bad treatment by jb?

jb demonstrated class by releasing him when rodin requested that

you have anti jb bias bad i think

46 minutes ago, Good_Bran_Man said:

I think that Nucks management is still learning about player development - I mean it's one thing to ascertain talent and pick players, but another to get the most out of them...

sadly Rodin hasn't been the first player to be mishandled.   That being said, he didn't exactly 'wow' anyone enough at training camp to guarantee to make the club.

Just a sad waste of talent though..

????  You have a pool of prospects but if even one of five or ten make it, then you are doing great.   If someone doesn't make it, they are not "mishandled", they simply didn't make it.   There is talent enough to populate dozens of NHLs BUT finding that mix of 20 to 25 players for any given roster takes going through many, many times that number and not everyone makes it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SwissCanucks said:

I really feel bad for the guy. So much bad luck. He was having a great start with Davos. 4GP, 1 goal, 5 Assists.

Terrible what happens to him

I feel bad for him, but his injury woes doesn't seem to just apply to North America. Some players just seem are destined for other things. Good luck moving forward Rodin.

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He would look really good about now in Baer.'s spot...or are you another tanker...in that case you must be cheering for injuries....

Apparently the poor guy broke his leg in a game over in Europe.  How much bad luck can I guy have?  Feel bad for him.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2010 at 7:32 AM, one night said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, talking about stupid people. Go to school and learn English.

Hey so what English isnt my first langauge, just because my vocab sucks doesnt mean i need school, im making good dough no need for school.. And yes i know my reply was 8 years later hahahhaha hopefully my vocab will be better now... Cheers, hope your still a Canucks fan, and damn how about our prospect pool.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/25/2014 at 4:55 AM, canucklehead44 said:

I remember hating our group of forward prospects. No size or grit whatsoever. Skilled guys but Hodgson was the only blue chip talent.

1. Hodgson

2. Schroeder

3. Grabner

4. White

5. Rodin

VS

1. Bo Horvat

2. Nicklas Jensen

3. Brendan Gaunce

4. Hunter Shinkaruk

5. Alexandre Grenier

6. Dane Fox