The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Ottawa has 36+ mil in cap space with about a dozen guys coming off the roster. Heck I'd be happy with Goldy and Sutter for a 4th. 

Hopefully we make something work. LE would be the dream.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

8 million

5 million after july....

...just to be accurate. He is owed 8 million more right now plus more for this years left over paycheques.

Well yeah common sense would suggest if he were to retire this year it would be after his bonus.

Leaving 5 on the table 

• Cheers 1

On 3/3/2020 at 8:01 AM, Canadian said:

I could see Goldobin + Eriksson (Post-bonus payment) sent to Ottawa for a low pick or a super low-tier prospect.

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Maybe...depends on how many picks/prospects we'd have to give them.

Even better, bring back an AHL salary and with 50% retention, it becomes pretty damn salary neutral.

$5m of actual salary divided by 2 years times 50% retention = $1.25m actual salary/year. Take back a +/- $1m AHL'er and it becomes very cash neutral for the other team.

Something like Eriksson at 50% to ANA for Nicolas Deslauriers @ $1m for two more years. Only costs them $250k/year in actual cash to take on Eriksson during their rebuild and we bury his entire $1m in Utica (or as a physical 12/13F here), saving us $3m (or $2 if here) in cap space. Throw them a depth prospect for their rebuild and troubles.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Well yeah common sense would suggest if he were to retire this year it would be after his bonus.

Leaving 5 on the table 

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Loui to walk away from that 5 million dollars.

Very very few players have done that though so I am doubtful.  I would celebrate if it happened!!

Veteran numbers stacking against Goldobin despite being a top 5 scorer on the team.

Trent Cull scratched him last game as well saying Goldobin needed better attention in the defensive side of things.  At this point the kid simply just doesn't get it, I know Wouldn't be surprised if we simply didn't qualify him at all and let him walk come the summer

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Veteran numbers stacking against Goldobin despite being a top 5 scorer on the team.

Trent Cull scratched him last game as well saying Goldobin needed better attention in the defensive side of things.  At this point the kid simply just doesn't get it, I know Wouldn't be surprised if we simply didn't qualify him at all and let him walk come the summer

Rumor has it that theres been some trade interest in mr. goldobin 

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is the only thing preventing him from being in the NHL. Even if it wasn't on the Canucks, we could move him somewhere if he would stay on top of defensive needs. 

• 3 months later...

From Google Translate:

Nikolai Goldobin will continue his career at CSKA

The 24-year-old striker signed a unilateral contract for 2 years.

Not sure about the credibility of the source, he's going to need permission from the Canucks at this point.  Soon to be an RFA, I don't see why he doesn't get permission.

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:
[...]

Not sure about the credibility of the source, he's going to need permission from the Canucks at this point.  Soon to be an RFA, I don't see why he doesn't get permission.

That's the official twitter account of his new team.  

RFA only if the Canucks qualify him which seems unlikely.  As part of the return to play all dates are going to be extended until after the playoffs.  The KHL season starts earlier.  Canucks didn't have him on their list of black aces.

Edited by mll

8 hours ago, mll said:

That's the official twitter account of his new team.  

RFA only if the Canucks qualify him which seems unlikely.  As part of the return to play all dates are going to be extended until after the playoffs.  The KHL season starts earlier.  Canucks didn't have him on their list of black aces.

They may still qualify him, just to retain his NHL rights. Sometimes, guys can turn it around in another league. Its unfortunate that he's never been able to put it all together at the NHL level.

• 4 weeks later...

Say .... I just assumed Goldy was in Russia or went back to Russia after he signed / announced his KHL deal for next year, but I've seen him in several of the video clips backing the "re-start" of Training Camp 2.0 (July 2020) stories.  Just old stock video footage from Training Camp 2019-20 or is he here as part of the Utica call-ups for the "Play-ins 2020"???

• 2 months later...