The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I saw Tryamkin play in pre season and early season.. he was not out of shape. . He was in game shape and getting better. Coaches can say what they want to dictate their rule and respect without any body to answer to. Management will always back that up to complete that authority.

Zack was not inconsistent,. Just young and not given a consistent opportunitty to put a string of games together.. he said it himself after being frustrated with WD's lack of deployment.

Desjardins has risked he same scenario with Goldobrin, who, by the way, plays a great 200 foot game.. but if you wanna buy into his bs, you go right ahead.

Nik has proven himself, by himself, to be a top 4 pairing D man after his first NHL season,.  and the Coach he had here, has left a horrible first example of Coaching at the NHL Level.

Willies style is too old for the game now.. these kids know their stuff, and also know when they make mistakes, and do not need to be sat for stretches to "learn" from their mistakes.

What is taught at the NHL Level is taught at every level from Major Midget up.

Gone is the day of the yelling screaming idiot who preys on players weaknesses for power,.  The challenging, supporting, guide, who plays to strengths, and hones away the weakness's is here.

A fat entitled rookie, an addict and a guy who was so sick he lost 15+ pounds.  That's not exactly where we should be giving the ice time.

Goldy is actually a great counterpoint to Tryamkin - once healthy he comes off his scratch to play some great hockey with the Sedins (with some back checking!) and then goes down to the AHL with a great attitude to score 4 goals in high pressure games.  Kid has never complained.

Your little story equating Willie to some old school tyrant of a coach is imaginitive, untrue and irrelevant.  I don't care who's coaching - we need players committed to the team.  Goldy is showing it, Try and Kass aren't/weren't. 

One of the only good things I can think of out of this mess is that Tryamkin really does want to be back in Russia when he can be, and if he had signed two years with the Canucks I might wonder about his passion level in the post-season when he knows he could fly home the sooner the Canucks lose. We want desire and passion to be maximum in our defenseman in the post-season.

It is disappointing news.  We could've really used him.  From my perspective, no hard feelings.  i expect it's a difficult transition coming from a small town in Russia to a big city in North America.  Hopefully, he changes his mind sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

That's the attitude 

forget the the fact that he actually stood up for his teammates on several occasions 

but you stick loyal stars like Megna and Chaput 

Come on... he was complaining about ice time.  Prima Donna.   

Im not saying I'm glad he is gone....  I wish he pushed through his doubts and stayed and played like a champ.  

But most people give in to their doubts.....   

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I realise that. My point was it made no difference to Tryamkin, because he was so against going to the AHL he had it written into his contract. As far as he was concerned it appears he was prepared to do the work but in Vancouver.

Frankly it's a shambles of a situation for a rookie to dictate terms to an NHL club.

Russians are often about the money. I didn't have a problem with the clause if that's what it took to get him to sign. Why leave the KHL to earn 70k in the AHL? The KHL doesn't pay as well as the NHL but is considerably higher than any Euro league. This is why drafting Russians always carries a risk. I suspect his return to the KHL has a great deal to do with his young bride not being happy in a foreign country, so far from home and family, with a new husband that's often away on road trips.

I think people are seriously overreacting.

One person's lost opportunity is another persons's gain.  I'd like to see more of Evan McEneny who now moves up the depth chart.  Maybe Subban too.  And, lets not forget about Pedan as long as he doesn't bolt to the KHL too.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

I disagree with you referring to him as a baby. He communicated his expectations when he signed a contract with the Canucks and stuck to his word. That's not being a baby. its called being a man.

Then shouldn't have been a man and shown up ready to work instead of showing up in poor shape? You know, ready to actually earn that contract.

28 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Exactly, that's why the ones that do, you have to keep.

I could care less about self entitlement, he's a really promising young player. Talent is a hard asset to come by. Are we building a hockey team or organizing a nice mans gentleman club.

You can't force a homesick player to stay. Both sides lived up to the terms of the contract. Promising or not, his contract is finished and he wanted to go home. This is always a risk when drafting Russians. Nothing you can do about it but move on.

Just now, Baggins said:

Then shouldn't have been a man and shown up ready to work instead of showing up in poor shape? You know, ready to actually earn that contract.

Tryamkin seems puzzled as to why he did not play in the first 10 games. At some point we have to wonder if the organization actually took any steps to help him understand his role, what was expected of him and why he was promoted or demoted.

Jake Virtanen also started the year horribly out of shape but he was playing games for the Canucks despite producing nothing on the ice. Players start to question the double standard of letting a 6th overall pick waltz his way into camp way out of shape and being allowed to play while you sit on the bench waiting your turn.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Tryamkin seems puzzled as to why he did not play in the first 10 games. At some point we have to wonder if the organization actually took any steps to help him understand his role, what was expected of him and why he was promoted or demoted.

Jake Virtanen also started the year horribly out of shape but he was playing games for the Canucks despite producing nothing on the ice. Players start to question the double standard of letting a 6th overall pick waltz his way into camp way out of shape and being allowed to play while you sit on the bench waiting your turn.

If he was puzzled he was stupid. Benning said several times he wasn't in game ready shape. Perhaps he was puzzled why fitness was more important here than the KHL, but I highly doubt it wasn't made perfectly clear why he wasn't ready to play an 82 game season here.

Virtanen is a forward while Tryamkin is a d-man. We had depth on D but not at forward. Virtanen started the season here only because of a forward being injured to start the season. Plus his minutes could be limited on the 4th line. he was sent to the AHL as soon as the injured player returned. If not for Tryamkins AHL clause Stecher would have been here to start the season instead of him. That's the numbers game.

37 minutes ago, canucksnihilist said:

Come on... he was complaining about ice time.  Prima Donna.   

Im not saying I'm glad he is gone....  I wish he pushed through his doubts and stayed and played like a champ.  

But most people give in to their doubts.....   

Most people felt he did play like a champ. Ask Benn 

i think he was rightfully bitter but also homesick 

too bad he did not play junior in Na like Goldy 

5 minutes ago, Baggins said:

If he was puzzled he was stupid. Benning said several times he wasn't in game ready shape. Perhaps he was puzzled why fitness was more important here than the KHL, but I highly doubt it wasn't made perfectly clear why he wasn't ready to play an 82 game season here.

Virtanen is a forward while Tryamkin is a d-man. We had depth on D but not at forward. Virtanen started the season here only because of a forward being injured to start the season. Plus his minutes could be limited on the 4th line. he was sent to the AHL as soon as the injured player returned. If not for Tryamkins AHL clause Stecher would have been here to start the season instead of him. That's the numbers game.

Despite the lack of forward depth Virtanen should never have made the final cut anyway. The Canucks should have been well aware in camp how horribly out of shape he was. He should have been demoted and someone like Megna/Chaput/Grenier/Gaunce should have been there in his place. That is if you actually want to hold your 6th overall pick accountable for showing up to camp out of shape. Whether you like it or not there is a double standard and no amount of excuses is going to make this look any better in the eyes of a player like Nikita who was already feeling out of place as one of the few Russians in the organization.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I saw Tryamkin play in pre season and early season.. he was not out of shape. . He was in game shape and getting better. Coaches can say what they want to dictate their rule and respect without any body to answer to. Management will always back that up to complete that authority.

Zack was not inconsistent,. Just young and not given a consistent opportunitty to put a string of games together.. he said it himself after being frustrated with WD's lack of deployment.

Desjardins has risked he same scenario with Goldobrin, who, by the way, plays a great 200 foot game.. but if you wanna buy into his bs, you go right ahead.

Nik has proven himself, by himself, to be a top 4 pairing D man after his first NHL season,.  and the Coach he had here, has left a horrible first example of Coaching at the NHL Level.

Willies style is too old for the game now.. these kids know their stuff, and also know when they make mistakes, and do not need to be sat for stretches to "learn" from their mistakes.

What is taught at the NHL Level is taught at every level from Major Midget up.

Gone is the day of the yelling screaming idiot who preys on players weaknesses for power,.  The challenging, supporting, guide, who plays to strengths, and hones away the weakness's is here.

I respectfully disagree.  Kassian is a perfect example.  Had to have his life, not just NHL career flash before his eyes before he took it as seriously as guys like Horvat.

In Vancouver he was not fighting fit, and paying attention. Its also why Buffalo traded him.  

Image result for Zack Kassian pics

Guys like him, and Tryamkin, got substantially more slack than most. Because of the raw unbridled potential in their physical skills. 

Hopefully Tryamkin comes around faster, and with less drama than Zack.  Hopefully he comes around at all!

well lets see he just got married not long ago and wants to be near his family so makes sense specially when WD was the coach but now he probably already got things rolling and wants to go home

does not mean he will not return but he might not come back time will tell!!!

also the olympic games he can then play in with no backlash!!!

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I respectfully disagree.  Kassian is a perfect example.  Had to have his life, not just NHL career flash before his eyes before he took it as seriously as guys like Horvat.

In Vancouver he was not fighting fit, and paying attention. Its also why Buffalo traded him.  

Image result for Zack Kassian pics

Guys like him, and Tryamkin, got substantially more slack than most. Because of the raw unbridled potential in their physical skills. 

Hopefully Tryamkin comes around faster, and with less drama than Zack.  Hopefully he comes around at all!

So in your world,  Goldy is the would have been our next failure because he is self entitled and doesn't play a 200' game.

Easy to find faults in young men,. And not really have the Coaching staff to bring them up to their potential.

Archived