The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Penguins win 2017 Stanley Cup

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Finals  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

Schedule:

Monday, May 29, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 31, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Saturday, June 3, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Monday, June 5, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Thursday, June 8, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Sunday, June 11, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Wednesday, June 14, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

46 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Without Fisher and Johanssen, Preds are gonna need all the luck they can get.

Fisher is expected to be back for game 1, and Pittsburgh is also missing Letang and Kuhnhackl. And will also have a beat up Hornqvist

14 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I agree, it's pretty bad. But definitely nowhere near as bad (and as predictable) as the NBA. 

Thankfully I never got into the NBA.

The NHL has had some fun series to watch, but they're always in the earlier rounds. At this point, it's either too easy to pick the winner, or you just don't care (like in 2013).

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Thankfully I never got into the NBA.

The NHL has had some fun series to watch, but they're always in the earlier rounds. At this point, it's either too easy to pick the winner, or you just don't care (like in 2013).

Good on you. To put the NBA in perspective, Lebron James (and whichever team he is on) has played in every single Final since 2011. I'd say we're pretty lucky to be fans of the NHL. 

Preds in 6. Since their magical run began vs the Hawks I've been behind them. PK is such a great guy as well and I don't mind him winning the Cup. He deserves one. Gets to prove Bergevin wrong. Preds D is just so mobile, filled with offensive talent and their offensive group comes up big when needed most. It's the Preds' year and no one's stopping them. Go Preds

Lot's of yellow in the Finals this year. You're nothin but a yellow bellied sapsucker!

I guess it's Nashville's turn to win it. A southern team no less. Do they get transfer payments, or are they self sufficient?

The X factor to this series is PK Subban yes PK Subban not anybody on the Penguins not Josi not Ryan Ellis on the Predators.

Forget Crosby, or Kessel or Murray or Malkin.

It's PK Subban who thrives the bigger the game and the louder the crowd. The bigger the stage.

I feel like he will elevate his game with everyone watching like Karlsson did for Ottawa and will his banged up forwards by shutting down Crosby and Malkin and getting in Kessels kitchen.

He will ignite the Nahsville attack and boost it with Ryan Ellis to fill for the loss of Johansen and Fiala.

Plus with Fisher back Smashville can out physical Pittsburgh.

It's possible. I'ma speak it into existence in the words of Lavar Ball.

No cup for Sidney and co this year.

Beat it!!

Hope the Predators can pull it off.  That being said, last round I would honestly say they got lucky that Gibson got injured for the Ducks.  While Johansen went down, the goalie situation for the Ducks became worse and one could argue whether that's why depth guys like Aberg and Sissons could step up in prime roles.

While the Predators have excellent depth and work ethic the Pens might be a different beast.  They're endowed with two elite centers, two starting goalies and even solid, mobile defensemen (Schultz, Maatta and Daley are solid two-way D-men, while Cole, Dumoulin and Hainsey are pretty strong defensively) and solid winger depth (Guentzel, Sheary, Kessel, Hornqvist, Rust, Kunitz have all taken turns contributing).  

I wish to see the underdog story that is the Predators have a happy ending with a Cup, and it's great that Rinne and the D give them a fighting chance but this depth might be the toughest level of talent that they've come up against yet (Hawks were ice-cold, Tarasenko and those guys aren't at the same talent level, Gibson got injured; the Pens have talent and are battle-tested, winning two hard-fought 7 game series in a row).  Go Preds go in 6 but they had better buckle down and get ready to counter-punch just like the Sens did this past Eastern final.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

My heart says Nashville in 6 but my head says Pittsburgh in 5. Nashville has by far the better defense but Pittsburgh is much more experience. Crosby will get another cup and we won't have to have the Crosby vs Toews debate ever again. 

Shouldn't even be a debate 

I like PK but I dont want the Preds to win; not on their first trip to the Final and not before the Canucks. Sick of seeing teams from the southern states get their championship before we do, especially the ones which have only been around for a fraction of the time.

I picked Pens but I could see the Preds winning it with their combination of D and goaltending. I'd probably have picked them if it wasn't for the injury to RyJo, but they are just about as deep in the bottom 6 as the Penguins, and a very balanced attack.

The Preds are almost the mirror image of the way the Pens play, but leading with their D instead of a group of elite forwards. Both can play at an incredible pace that most teams can't contend with.

Goaltending - Slight edge to the Preds maybe.

Experience - Pens have been there.

Star Power - Edge for the Penguins.

Depth - Pretty Even. Both teams have 6 or 7 guys with 4 or more goals in the playoffs.

D - Preds. Even with Schultz and Daley back healthy, the Preds have the best top 4.

Archived