The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Tryamkin Return To The Canucks?

Hortankin

Tryamkin   

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if he thinks about us. :unsure: I miss him. We could have been so good together. Our future was just beginning. Then SHE came and ruined it. Took him away from us. I love him!!! We had the whole world at our feet. We could have been special together!! I hope you are happy. I hope it makes you feel good taking him from us. He was ours. We were gonna go places, do things, change the world and you ruined it!!! 

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I wonder if he thinks about us. :unsure: I miss him. We could have been so good together. Our future was just beginning. Then SHE came and ruined it. Took him away from us. I love him!!! We had the whole world at our feet. We could have been special together!! I hope you are happy. I hope it makes you feel good taking him from us. He was ours. We were gonna go places, do things, change the world and you ruined it!!! 

:lol::lol:Mother Russia:lol:

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

:lol: 

Willie D:  Who is this ugly Russian kid... sure looks funny.  :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t this guy is big!  :huh:

Willie D:  His helmet's too small for his head... must be something wrong with him. :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t this guy can hit! :o

Willie D:  Why does he keep talking in Russian?  Is he saying something about me and Jaseee? :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t this guy can fight! :shock:

Willie D:  Hmmm...  Maybe I can bench the ugly Russian and convert Jasee to a permanent D-spot? :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t I hope the coach doesn't tell me to go in the corner against him... I could get Freakin' crippled!  :sadno:

seems like he was promised one thing to get him to sign and then handed something different,they even tried to send him down. playing behind Larsen was an embarrassment and the coach singling  him out for not being more aggressive didn't help.

It's to bad he had to "earn it" but others like Larsen were  handed it. Don't blame him for leaving still hope to see him in a Canucks uni again but not holding my breath. More likely to return with a different  orginaization 

1 hour ago, combover said:

seems like he was promised one thing to get him to sign and then handed something different,they even tried to send him down. playing behind Larsen was an embarrassment and the coach singling  him out for not being more aggressive didn't help.

It's to bad he had to "earn it" but others like Larsen were  handed it. Don't blame him for leaving still hope to see him in a Canucks uni again but not holding my breath. More likely to return with a different  orginaization 

What exactly was he promised other than his salary?

Btw, they asked him to go down for a conditioning stint. The crux of the issue with him - his conditioning.

16 hours ago, combover said:

Why do you even follow this Club? All you ever do is dream up delusions that allow you to have a go at it.

Tryamkin was a co signatory to a contract, which, if we are to believe what seemed common knowledge at the time, included a clause that he would not play in the AHL.

However he turned up at camp out of condition and unfit. (he blamed it on his marriage celebrations and honeymoon - oh well that's ok then )

Rather than just plug away with the trainers in Vancouver where he would gain fitness but not "match practice" he was offered a stint in Utica where he would get both. (that is one of the reasons we have a farm club) This was a suggestion triggered by his lack of fitness not by the Canucks trying to "cheat" and break contract with him and get him down to Utica

It is my opinion and probably the opinion of most other reasonable fans that the Canucks actually thought they were doing him a favour and helping to accelerate his recovery but Tryamkin reacted with suspicion and seemed to think the Canucks were being underhand. 

This would not be unusual for a player coming from Russia where there is probably still a built in suspicion of all officialdom.

Actually if anything, the Canucks management came out of this as too trusting and a bit naive. Had I been part of the management team I would have found Tryamkin's insistence on not playing in Utica a bit arrogant (coming from a 66th o/a draft pick) and would have added a clause to include that his contract condition was only valid providing he turned up at camp at the same weight, or lighter, fit and ready to play.

But hey combover, let's not pass up a chance, no matter how flimsy, to have a go at our Hockey Club.

8 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Willie D:  Who is this ugly Russian kid... sure looks funny.  :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t this guy is big!  :huh:

Willie D:  His helmet's too small for his head... must be something wrong with him. :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t this guy can hit! :o

Willie D:  Why does he keep talking in Russian?  Is he saying something about me and Jaseee? :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t this guy can fight! :shock:

Willie D:  Hmmm...  Maybe I can bench the ugly Russian and convert Jasee to a permanent D-spot? :frantic:

Rest of the League:  Holy Sh*t I hope the coach doesn't tell me to go in the corner against him... I could get Freakin' crippled!  :sadno:

And the winner of this weeks "Donald Trump Fabulist's Prize" for delusional hyperbole is  - Buzzsaw.

Canuck fan  talking to Oprah   about  their lost love  -  Tryamkin

Paranoia.jpg

Time to move on.  Tryamkin did not want to be a  Canuck....      Forget about him.   

We don't need players that don't  want to be on our club....

• 2 months later...

Didn't want to start a whole new thread on a player that isn't even lacing em up for us. But ain't it a shame we finally get a big, intimidating D-man, both in his size but also in his deadly big wingspan shot that gets through for rebounds or deflections. You could see glimpses of that developing last season.

Too bad he’s playing 5,000 miles away. Latest numbers I could find.

https://www.flashscore.in/team/yekaterinburg/EizNoU4H/

o0s495.jpg

And too bad he had his rookie experience under Willie D, god bless him, but an old school guy that had his plans set up already, after missing the playoffs the season before, which was; Win at all cost. Play who you are comfortable with. Tram surprised a lot of people including WD who had to play him but seemed to have little patience for dealing with any cross cultural differences.  Blame goes all around Benning, Linden, and the big homesick komrade himself. Tram was also old school, Russian style. Stubborn as a mule, but as fragile as a butterfly. A Russian player that has never even played any junior in North America is a different animal than many others like Goldobin, who has started in 2012 in the OHL, and has acclimatized himself here and wants to be here, as far as I can tell. They should have learned this lesson with Bure! So back to the (almost) only team he has ever played for. They’ll keep taking him back I gather. He may just play out his career with the Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg  who  do have a cool logo mind you, but hopefully he’ll come back after his contract.

Just had a look on the KHL website.

He has just been named best defenceman for October, team had 7 wins in 11 games,

Tree with 3g 5a, +3 efficiency rating, 18 blocks and 23 hits (more than any other dman) and over 21min average ice time.

Finished October with a 4 point game and a call up to the Russian national team.

He's doing just fine and yes I miss him

He is signed for 3 years and said he will honor that. 3 years is a long time in hockey so best to move on.  He said he would comeback to Van.  Contrary to what people think he has said that he felt treated well by Jim and crew. He doesn’t have issues with the team. 

The k isn’t close to the quality of the nhl so I wouldn’t get to excited about his success.  Last year with our 2 rookieD’s Troy was better than Nikita.  

3 hours ago, samurai said:

He is signed for 3 years and said he will honor that. 3 years is a long time in hockey so best to move on.  He said he would comeback to Van.  Contrary to what people think he has said that he felt treated well by Jim and crew. He doesn’t have issues with the team. 

The k isn’t close to the quality of the nhl so I wouldn’t get to excited about his success.  Last year with our 2 rookieD’s Troy was better than Nikita.  

I agreed up until the last sentence. Tryamkin was far superior last season. He will be back, with an Olympic gold medal around his neck.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Hard no... Hes not coming back to the Canucks. I wouldnt be surprised at a quiet trade sometime during the 2018 off-season

I certainly would be surprised by that trade. And as for him not coming back to the Canucks, I wish I had your crystal ball. I would put the chance of him coming back to the Canucks as about 50/50. 

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Hard no... Hes not coming back to the Canucks. I wouldnt be surprised at a quiet trade sometime during the 2018 off-season

I would rather hold onto his rights regardless of if he plans on coming back or not.

Last thing I want is watching Tryamkin wear another jersey in the NHL. 

5 mil for 3 seasons with a big signing bonus. Couldn't be worse than Eriksson's 7 million signing bonus and million dollar salary this year.

Hopefully he will be back before 2020 if there is a season.

He had "STUD" written all over him from his first 3 games he played. His skating and poise for his size was beyond even Chara's. The game is "slow" for him. The European scouts really found a gem in the later rounds. He sure was able to handle McDavid easily.

The Nucks will need to get another Russian for him to be with on and off the ice, there should be a few that can crack this lineup.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Comparing Tryamkin to Chara is a joke.

Chara is a legend in the NHL .....   Tryamkin hasn't done anything yet in the NHL and then ran home to his mommy.  

You sound like other's, forgetting his woman (not his mom) is from there and if she's there he wants to be there with her then it's his choice to say yes to her and no to us and be there with her... 

Plus how he was slammed being under the scope here in Vancouver, can't say I blame him if that was the case but his mommy  lmao???

Frack I was just happy for a guy who could run over people or throw them around like ragdolls. screw a legend, when was the last time we had that? Donald Brashear?  how long ago was that?????  Who cares if he could become great as long as he could play "ok" and we'd have a freight train on skates..  Losing him was one of the biggest downers I've seen in 30 years of this team!  F _ck!!!!  Rant over...  sigh...  still a soft team...  injuries will go up but that will help develop the kids and yes that's the only bright side..

Comparing Char and Train's size wasn't a joke....  arguing about a legend or not?  wow  how about the state of the soft team we have...  we lose Guddy, dorsett, or anyone else for that matter we get ultra soft as downy, do other teams know that?  Yes and we'll get beat on again especially since it's been the same ole for years and years and it "might" change IF the right players come along but that's a IF...  we need a cpl more his size or at least one!  As good as Chara?  Hardly!  but who cares if he's just good...

Archived