The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm actually hoping that he is just fine but that the Canucks are not revealing the extent of his conditions to force the league to make a decision on Matheson.

Knowing the bs people that are in the DOPS, if the team comes out and says that he is fine, then Matheson will get no games.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, khay said:

I'm actually hoping that he is just fine but that the Canucks are not revealing the extent of his conditions to force the league to make a decision on Matheson.

Knowing the bs people that are in the DOPS, if the team comes out and says that he is fine, then Matheson will get no games.

I don't think he gets any games regardless of petterssons help.

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I don't think he gets any games regardless of petterssons help.

That's how I feel too. NHL has proven to be incapable in making the right decision time and time again. But if his condition is unknown, the league has to think long and there is small chance that they make the right decision. If he is fine, we know for sure there won't be any suspension.

• Cheers 1

The Canucks better start investing on bringing in coaches to teach how to protect yourself on the ice. North American players are use to this but players coming from Europe don't really play with this viciousness. If Pettersson is going to play in this league, he will have players who will try to intimidate him and give him shots. All great players go or have went through it. No to speak less of this hit but the Sedins went through much worse than that in thier rookie year. The will not be the last time players like Matheson will take a run at Pettersson, it would be a good idea to have a coach teach how to avoid these types of contacts as much as possible.

Edited by smokes

7 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

One was injured with a broken wrist/bone (Beagle). The other just came off of concussion protocol (Rousell). And the last one, not sure if he even played or touched the ice after the hit (Schaller).

Gud was buddy buddy with Panthers so not likely to happen.

No one else on this roaster is gonna fight/be rough.

And the guys on the ice probably did not even saw it.

So a perfect wave in a sense.

Sadly, probably a lot correct in this post.

5 minutes ago, smokes said:

The Canucks better start investing on bringing in coaches to teach how to protect yourself on the ice. North American players are use to this but players coming from Europe don't really play with this viciousness. If Pettersson is going to play in this league, he will have players who will try to intimidate him and give him shots. All great players go or have went through it. No to speak less of this hit but the Sedins went through much worse than that in thier rookie year. The will not be the last time players like Matheson will take a run at Pettersson, it would be a good idea to have a coach teach how to avoid these types of contacts as much as possible.

Bruh, he shouldn't have to protect himself from somebody who forgot what league he was in and thought he was in WWE on ice.

Hacks, whacks, cross checks etc are one thing. Getting body slammed to the ice, on your &^@#ing head is entirely another. That $&!# is DIRTY and he should be &^@#ing suspended and his god damn teeth handed to him next time we play them. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Part of me hopes EP is out for a week as a precaution although officially he's "injured" to the media. Scared the crap out of the league making them suspend Matheson and show Travis Green and the rest of the team how pathetic and useless they really are without him. Lose 5 in a row 6-1 like last year. 

Edited by NHL'er

5 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Am I correct in thinking that a phone hearing means 5 games max ?

Yup unless the league asks for in person and the player waives and asks for a phone. I'd be surprised if he got more than a game or two. As far as I know Matheson isn't any form of repeat offender or anything.

(not saying I'm happy with that.) 

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

Yup unless the league asks for in person and the player waives and asks for a phone. I'd be surprised if he got more than a game or two. As far as I know Matheson isn't any form of repeat offender or anything.

(not saying I'm happy with that.) 

Disappointed if it is less than 5.  There's a difference between this and say a Wilson hit.  Wilson's hits don't usually look premeditated and he sometimes catches the player in the head.  They aren't malicious...but I agree they should be suspendable.  This play on Pettersson though was straight malicious and intent to injure.  This type of play should be handed the most serious suspension.  In the court system, there is mens rea and actus reus.  Wilson has the actus reus but not necessarily the mens rea...Matheson has both and therefore should be considered way more serious.

• Upvote 1

On 07/10/2018 at 3:50 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Where?   Behind the couch or in an airport or ????   Are you worried about losing him as he is thin and hard to see or do you have issues with misplacing teenage Swedish hockey players in general?    

Canucks lose rookie sensation Pettersson in win over Panthers

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/horvat-canucks-panthers-lose-pettersson-1.4862130

Now do you understand what 'lose' means?