The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

It was pretty evident that Elias was a top 3 player for Sweden if you actually watched the games.  Who cares anyways, Sweden's coach wasn't too bright, a case of the AV syndrome: coach well in the regulation round but go ass backwards against all logic when it counts. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I have to admit that I love Andersson's passion for the game and I think he will be a terrific player in the NHL; a significant player in the 'big games'.  He will likely be a 2nd C (maybe even a 1C when fully developed) that plays a 'heavy' game and will score clutch goals.  Similar to Horvat in many ways.

I fully agree, I made the same comparison to Horvat. Glad that I'm not the only one seeing this. Although because we have Horvat, it makes sense that we have Pettersson instead to add another dynamic to the team. Plus Gaudette looks to have a similar drive as those mentioned as well.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I have to admit that I love Andersson's passion for the game and I think he will be a terrific player in the NHL; a significant player in the 'big games'.  He will likely be a 2nd C (maybe even a 1C when fully developed) that plays a 'heavy' game and will score clutch goals.  Similar to Horvat in many ways.

I fully agree, I made the same comparison to Horvat. Glad that I'm not the only one seeing this. Although because we have Horvat, it makes sense that we have Pettersson instead to add another dynamic to the team. Plus Gaudette looks to have a similar drive as those mentioned as well.

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Could you picture Horvat throwing his medal away into the stands?  How about Linden or the Sedins?  Yzerman, Sakic, Gretzky, Orr?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Could you picture Horvat throwing his medal away into the stands?  How about Linden or the Sedins?  Yzerman, Sakic, Gretzky, Orr?

Poor sportsmanship and throwing tantrums. Sounds like a primadonna in the making. I`m sure the Czechs would`ve absolutely loved a Silver.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Poor sportsmanship and throwing tantrums. Sounds like a primadonna in the making. I`m sure the Czechs would`ve absolutely loved a Silver.

Add selfish to his list of qualities too.  Not a guy who builds respect from his mates.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Meh, we can judge all we want. We don't know him personally. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

He's also just s kid. Even the greats can admit to doing stupid things when there young. I don't think what he did was righty but he certainly showed some of the most heart out of anyone in the tournament. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

You've got to be kidding me?  Like seriously, this is all a joke, right?  

You're saying that this KID is no better than them, or will be no better than them because during a time of extreme emotion he threw his second place medal in to the crowd..

Did you never do anything stupid as an 18/19 year old?  Unless you were huddled up inside with mommy and daddy 24/7(which i guess maybe you were) I'm sure you've done plenty of stupid things, like we all have. 

Lol bringing in the names of all time great hockey players and comparing them with this kid...now I've seen it all.  Maybe one of those guys did do something stupid and we just don't know about it?  Everything is videotaped nowadays and people are just super sensitive, not to mention social media coverage.  Can we end this garbage conversation now please 

So ironic to bring that up when your responses are so child like... I'm assuming your a grown man. 

Edited by Camel Toe Drag
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

So ironic to brim that up when your responses are so child like... I'm assuming your a grown man. 

Not likely a valid assumption. Pretty well all of his posts read like they were written by an obnoxious teenager, eager to jump on any opportunity to annoy the grown ups.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Your opinion on Pettersson is completely wrong.  I doubt any of the Swedish forwards, other than Pettersson play in the NHL.  As for their defense, clearly ?Dhalin is a future NHLer, but guys like Lligegrn (why even bother to learn this guy’s proper spelling) are just too small and soft for here.  

You don't know my opinion of Pettersson.  "None of the Swedish forwards, other than Pettersson" will play in the NHL?  On any team?  Wow, quite the projection.  Liljegren is bigger than many NHL defencemen playing now as the NHL reverts to more of a speed and counter-attack game.

• Upvote 2