The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

On 8/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, Boudrias said:

Gadjovich had a real solid game IMHO. On the ice for 3 GF and 0 GA. Went to the net, won most of his board battles and was physical. Coaching obviously likes him as they put him on the ice for ozone starts. His puck possession is strong. I agree he could be some thing. On the basis of this game he makes the team. I am looking forward to the USA game.   

from the sounds of it, Canada's most effective skater.

15 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Gadjovich might have been listed as the 13th forward but he played a regular shift. Coaching obviously see his potential in the ozone as he saw more ice towards the end of the game as Canada tried to tie it up. He scored his goal from infront where he typically ends up. Again his board work and puck possession in the ozone was very good.

Very impressed earlier in the 3rd on a back check by Godjovich where he caught the USA forward and broke the play up. Really nice play.

IMHO Team Canada did not have the same level of cohesiveness that Team USA had. It appears to me that Canada dwells on individual skills rather than the mechanics of the game. In the past that worked because Canadian kids played 80 games of CHL hockey a year that gave them a tremendous advantage. Today many American kids are getting that CHL experience as well combined with the USA development program. It is making me uneasy.  

I doubt Gadjovich will be included in the projected Team Canada roster post this tournament as there seemed to be less emphasis on team/physical and more on smaller, faster players in terms of ice time etc.   However, the team isn't chosen in August and if he has a first half of season similar to the last half he had last year, will be tough to ignore.

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I doubt Gadjovich will be included in the projected Team Canada roster post this tournament as there seemed to be less emphasis on team/physical and more on smaller, faster players in terms of ice time etc.   However, the team isn't chosen in August and if he has a first half of season similar to the last half he had last year, will be tough to ignore.

I think his performance does the opposite actually. I think he will make the team adding needed grit and physicality on the N/A ice surface. He will play on the 3rd or 4th line with PP time imo.

Was there a Canadian player who showed better than Gadjovic? I don't think there was.  The kid is really good.  He's a second round steal by JB, and will bring much needed toughness to the Canuck's top nine for years to come.  Plus, he's likely to score 20+/ season.  

EeGads!

Big Mac

VirtwillHurt

Glad they're finally adding an element of fwd size to our young nucleus. I'd like them to build a flexible lineup, that can play a skill and/or 'heavy' game. Perhaps shifts and full periods of either approach. Enjoy cheering on teams that have such versatility.

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Unfortunately it seems Craig Button agreed with what I saw - I saw a player that the coaches didn't seem to be appreciating and didn't set up in strong "success" situations.    I thought he outplayed many but apparently, and Button often has inside scoop with Hockey Canada, that wasn't enough quite yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/charging-into-buffalo-canada-s-projected-roster-for-the-2018-wjc-1.823639