The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most anticipated thing for 2017-18?

danjr

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Well put.

Especially the last paragraph.  

I'm 100% behind this.  Two cores in a row with Lady Bing like players minus the slashing, is enough in my mind.  I hope Pettersson and Dahlen turn out awesome, but I also hope Horvat or other similar leader gets the C.  You never know with these guys, someone could come out of the wood work and take it over too, it wouldn't surprise me if we have three alternates for a while after Henrik moves on too, just to avoid rushing it.

Some teams used  to vote their captains in by putting names in a hat...I'd be fine with that, often it's not who you think it would be but you know that players are behind the guy using this method.

If Guddy for example broke out and added an offensive aspect to his game and became a Prongeresque player he would be a good candidate.  If Brisebois can play in the NHL and excells he would also be a good candidate for an A.  Always hear good stuff about him, the teams he's captained love the guy.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I'm 100% behind this.  Two cores in a row with Lady Bing like players minus the slashing, is enough in my mind.  I hope Pettersson and Dahlen turn out awesome, but I also hope Horvat or other similar leader gets the C.  You never know with these guys, someone could come out of the wood work and take it over too, it wouldn't surprise me if we have three alternates for a while after Henrik moves on too, just to avoid rushing it.

Some teams used  to vote their captains in by putting names in a hat...I'd be fine with that, often it's not who you think it would be but you know that players are behind the guy using this method.

If Guddy for example broke out and added an offensive aspect to his game and became a Prongeresque player he would be a good candidate.  If Brisebois can play in the NHL and excells he would also be a good candidate for an A.  Always hear good stuff about him, the teams he's captained love the guy.

Great post.

Covers the bases. 

1 hour ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Drafting Adam Boqvist or Ryan Merkley:-) "right shot PP dman" jimbo desperately wants 

Drafting a potential 1D is my #1 wish this season. A PPRD is even more specific. Can see OJ on the LD with a PP-RD, excellent.  

So much excitement its keeping me up at night almost. To watch hockey games with my 2.5 year old son must take the cake, last year he was really into it but the last year he's become fully hockey addicted.

1. Replacing Megna with Vanek on the first pp unit

2.  Chaput being replaced by Gagner

3. Del Zotto on the point doesnt hurt lol hope he has a good season

4. Boeser scoring 20+ goals and Bo cashing in on those assits

5. Virtanen proving the nay sayers wrong!

6. Fingers crossed for our two goalies kinda though

7. Sedins having the best season of their last 5 or so. Im calling it now 65+ points. CrCking 70 maybe even.

8. Bo being handed a new jersey after their last game, from two legends on ice infront of 20,000 screaming fans ... With an extra letter on it...:-) 

30 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I'm looking forward to Virtanen scoring 70 points and 500pims in won fights, sedins 120 point resurgence, Vaneks 50 goals and Erikssons demotion to the AHL.

I only think one of these will happen however.

Vanek has a better chance in scoring 50 goals than getting demoted with the age of our young guys.  Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our leading scorer, if he's healthy it's all but a gaurantee, pp sixty he's in elite company.   Plus he isn't done yet, and is playing for a bigger payday next year.

A cold snowy day combined with multipe driveway shovels (I hate winter) and a day of skiiing while going to the store to get fresh meat.

Coming home and making a stew at 2pm and slow cooking it to be ready at 530. Killing a bunch of buds and eatting dinner while watching the laughs lose to the Habs.

Que the music.....the Canucks are playing the Oilers and I've just opened a bottle of Laphroaig......

In other words I like my Saturday nights.

I'm just really excited to see a much deeper team compared to last few seasons! It really doesn't matter if it's gonna be Goldobin and Boeser or Gagner and Vanek, Gaunce and Dorsett or Upshall/White/Burmistrov.... we finally care who's on the scoresheet once again! No more Megna/Chaput/Biega.... just pure NHL talent!

On 08/09/2017 at 9:12 PM, Heretic said:

The end.

Sorry, but for the first time in a long time, I'm not excited at all for the season.

Maybe if they play well every game, my attitude will change.

You were excited for last year but not this year? That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm stoked for the season to start. There's so much to look forward to IMO. 

Personally, I don't really care about Daniel reaching 1000 points. Sure, it's an amazing milestone but barring a horrific injury, we all know it's going to happen. I'm looking forward to the unknowns, something we have no shortage of. Can Bo, Baer, Granlund take the next step? Will Boeser or Goldobin establish themselves as legit NHL scoring threats? Will Stetcher and Hutton become legit top 4 defensemen? Will Gudbranson bounce back and have  a big year? Will Brendan Gaunce score a goal?! Haha I say that tongue in cheek - of course he will! What will become of the wildcard that is Rodin? How will our UFA signings fair? Will Marky take the reigns and become a true # 1 goalie? How will the players react to Travis Green and is 'real good' in his vocabulary? What about Griffen Molino? It's only been a couple prospect games but damn does he ever look good. How will the prospects fair in Utica? Will the Green Men make a return? Ok I don't really care about that one. But there's so much going on this year. More than in recent memory. I'm pumped!!!

Archived