The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Matt Duchene

7 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Can't we just Lupul him to the IR? Getting rid of Dorsett shouldn't be a priority. If we somehow got Sutter to waive, Sutter + Hutton + 2nd round pick is a trade we could afford to make no problem. Otherwise I don't see us being a player. Truth is we just aren't very good trade partners. 

I know we all wanna get rid of Sutter's contract but he still has a lot to offer. I think the AVs will bite if our 1st is on the table.

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

The debate rages on because drafting top five, and developing elite guys central to your core is proven to win more Cups, especially in the last decade.  The Benning philosophy is contrary to that view.  JB feels he can replicate what he helped do in Boston, which was win a Cup by getting the elite pieces from later picks. 

My point in relation to your point is that were we to win the lottery picks, or at least not drop, people on here (including you, most likely) would be saying that JBs strategy is the one that is "proven to win more cups" instead of "contrary to that view." 

42 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

My point in relation to your point is that were we to win the lottery picks, or at least not drop, people on here (including you, most likely) would be saying that JBs strategy is the one that is "proven to win more cups" instead of "contrary to that view." 

JB's strategy is moot.  The result of his 'trying to build a team to compete for the playoffs' resulted in us drafting top 5 anyway.  We need to stay at the bottom (and feed on top five picks) until we have two (or more) proven elite players.  Hopefully, for our team's future, JB's strategy continues to fail.  That's my view.  

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I know we all wanna get rid of Sutter's contract but he still has a lot to offer. I think the AVs will bite if our 1st is on the table.

I'm not anxious to dump Sutter, I'm just saying that he would need to be involved in any Duchene trade as we would have too many centers and would not be able to afford Duchene's $6M cap hit. I'm also not a fan of parting with our 1st round pick for a player that could bolt as a UFA in 2 years. That's not the kind of move a rebuilding club makes.

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Poor guy, has to stay where he doesn't want to be and where he isn't wanted. Terrible handling of the situation. Hopefully he can play his way out of the city, in a good way. Trade him to Detroit for a bunch of their cap dump players plus their 1st. Lol.

If he doesn't move now, he won't get moved until he is eligible for an extension.

His vaku keeps dropping as he gets closer and closer to UFA.  You don't give up a ton for a guy who won't be club controlled.

The alternative is Sakic getting fired early in that season and his replacement being reasonable.

9 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Unless the nucks are willing to give up Horvat + OJ + 2018 1st round pick, they are not getting duchene.. Sakic is asking the moon and will definitely get better offers than Canuck trash (as Canucks are obviously not giving up the Horvat, OJ and or 1st)

Duchene isn’t MacKinnon....

12 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Unless the nucks are willing to give up Horvat + OJ + 2018 1st round pick, they are not getting duchene.. Sakic is asking the moon and will definitely get better offers than Canuck trash (as Canucks are obviously not giving up the Horvat, OJ and or 1st)

man ususally I think CDC overvalues our players but I'm pretty sure the avs would do him for Bo straight up.

Archived