EDM

duchene

col 

ryan nugent hopkins

playoff contenders for sure at the same 6M cap 

faceoff % just went up ,

hope they never win tho but scary for sure

would u trade duchene for the nuge?

I'm not reading through 15 pages so maybe this has already been said but doesn't a deal based around duchene for galchenyuk just make too much sense?

edit: heh, turns out I only really needed to go back one page. oh well. 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Can we please get Duchene already? We need some help scoring. 

Gettir done Jimbo! 

If a trade went down I guarantee there would be 100+ pages of people outraged over what Vancouver gave up to get Duchene.  The price to get him is more than what Vancouver should be giving up at this point in the rebuild. 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

If a trade went down I guarantee there would be 100+ pages of people outraged over what Vancouver gave up to get Duchene.  The price to get him is more than what Vancouver should be giving up at this point in the rebuild. 

probably correct, but still worth a shot at imo he clearly has a higher offensive skillset than Bo, could be a better fit for Boeser?

I would inquire to see what it would take, have to be willing to give to get but yes we cant afford to massively over pay

5 hours ago, tas said:

I'm not reading through 15 pages so maybe this has already been said but doesn't a deal based around duchene for galchenyuk just make too much sense?

edit: heh, turns out I only really needed to go back one page. oh well. 

It does make too much sense. If Montreal can manage to fit him in with their cap situation. I was under the impression they are pretty close to the cap ceiling.

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal has over $8M in cap space including Galchenyuk.  Cap isn't an issue, Sakic's asking price is

With Colorado still needing to add young defensemen to the team, I could see Sakic asking for Galchenyuk, Mete, and a high pick.

1 minute ago, Blömqvist said:

With Colorado still needing to add young defensemen to the team, I could see Sakic asking for Galchenyuk, Mete, and a high pick.

Mete is such a feel good story in Montreal right now. I can't see them moving him. Plus he's playing top pairing with Weber and looking incredibly poised doing it.  It would also leave them with only Juulsen as a blue chip D prospect.  That seems like to high a price for Duchene 

On 2017-10-16 at 3:19 PM, qwijibo said:

I would give up our first pick an throw in Hutton an a second if we made play offs this year after tonight’s game. Throw in Sutter if need be to make some cap space Oh an I would throw Sven Beartschi in also after game 5 have no problem 

JB seems to want to cheat the rebuild out of normal timeline process.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Im thinking if Sakic wants what he wants and he's committed to a rebuild. We send Loui full meal deal Eriksson + Juolevi + Granlund for Duche.

Should a team that is rebuilding through the draft trade another recently drafted first round pick for another 25+ guy?  Maybe we need to keep our young prospects/picks, and add more youth (like Goldy and Dahlen) and picks instead?  All guys like Duchene do is get us to 10 th from the bottom instead the bottom.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Should a team that is rebuilding through the draft trade another recently drafted first round pick for another 25+ guy?  Maybe we need to keep our young prospects/picks, and add more youth (like Goldy and Dahlen) and picks instead?  All guys like Duchene do is get us to 10 th from the bottom instead the bottom.  

I would wager if we made this trade deleted Vanek for picks and signed E Kane which has been telegraphed for long time. We Re sign the Sedins for 2 years @ 3.5-4m each next season we would go in with a line up of

Kane Duchene Boeser

Bae Bo Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Pettersson

Dorse Sutter Gagner

I think with some decent goaltending that sqaud could win some playoff rounds

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

I would wager if we made this trade deleted Vanek for picks and signed E Kane which has been telegraphed for long time. We Re sign the Sedins for 2 years @ 3.5-4m each next season we would go in with a line up of

Kane Duchene Boeser

Bae Bo Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Pettersson

Dorse Sutter Gagner

I think with some decent goaltending that sqaud could win some playoff rounds

I want us to win too, but I don’t think it’s so easy to change our bottom feeder direction.  I think JB needs to pick the correct players with his top draft choices, and that’s how we will get better.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I want us to win too, but I don’t think it’s so easy to change our bottom feeder direction.  I think JB needs to pick the correct players with his top draft choices, and that’s how we will get better.

how long do you expect to suck by your logic in 2 years Horvat will be considered a stop gap player

Archived