The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

But in reality... Pens were just gonna waive Pouliot eh? Good asset management by Rutherford to get a 4th and Pedan

Waiving Rhuwedel would be better asset management than waiving Pouliot.  I believe you're making an assumption here - one I wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

But in reality... Pens were just gonna waive Pouliot eh? Good asset management by Rutherford to get a 4th and Pedan

I don't mind the risk from Jimbo either. 

Or...vice versa, as Pedan was waived isn't it good asset management by Benning?

IMHO, not a fan of using a pick but skill that DP has is intriguing as is the link back to your coach.   

1 minute ago, Fantomex said:

If I'm Jim Benning, I trust Travis' opinion on the two players involved. He has coached both players and would know better than anyone what they bring to the table. If Travis says "I think Pouliot has a better chance to succeed at the NHL level than Pedan" I'd listen. I think Travis has more say in personnel decisions than we're led to believe.

Was thinking the same........Travis seems to have quite a bit of say on who's on the team.......so mgmt clearly has a lot of regard and confidence in him.

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Biega hasn't and doesn't appear to be on waivers.

We still technically have 26 on the roster and have to get that down to 23. OJ to Finland should get one of those. Waiving Wier another, then it's Archie vs Boeser vs Virtanen for the 3rd guy.

thanks that makes sense. Bye Arch.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Beauty 

Baertschi and him are familiar and played under free.

Lost in all this is Anton Cederholm who while paired with Pouliot was one of the best 1-2 in the entire CHL 

I'm really interested to see how this pans out over time and fully expect to see that 4th recouped at or before the trade deadline

Exactly.

There is more to this than meets the eye. 

1wyxzd.jpg

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Pouliot "earns it" for opening night kinda like Larsen earned it last year.

Not upset about wierdcoat 6'5 plays 5'1 and slow hopefully he get picked up 

Benning probably could have had pouliot for free off waivers later today.

Great! Pouliot is already a success since he's 6' and plays like 5'11" and growing.

so many chances to get pedan into the lineup ,willy stubbornly went with bartkowski and weber   last year when guddy went down .they just had it out for him,  it was all wishfull thinking only because the little bit I saw of pedan he did show some snarl. so 2 players I don't really know much about.....

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It seems they only have one spot left when all is said and done, and that spot will likely go to Virtanen.

So much for "making room".

I mean to be honest boeser kinda slowed down once the competition ramped up in pre season, and Benning said he isn't taking the first 9 games into account. Archibald on the other hand has been decent and might shove Dorset out, we don't know yet 

Archived