The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- Oilers and Canucks

OP, Interesting notion, & similar to proposals I tried last summer. They've lost incentive to go for it(this season), before McD's big number kicks in. I think now their motivation would be to straighten out the books.

If they dealt Drai, I'd guess they'd want to send him east(like Ebs & Hall)..not the kind of guy they'd want to face in their division repeatedly.

Mtl, NYI or maybe Ottawa would prob send some nice pkg's.

12 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've said this before, but I'm more interested in a star defenseman than a forward. Our problems are on defense, both now and in the prospect cupboard. 

Absolutely, 100%. Fix the defense and build from the net out. Not only should the goals against improve but the goals for should as well if the Canucks have guys who can keep the opposition from playing all game in the Canucks end of the ice.

14 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

I'm just going to get to it:

Tanev

Sutter

1st 2019

for 

Draisaitl, Leon 8.500 186.0 8.500 9.000 9.000 9.000 9.000 8.000

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I like Dr. Drai, but don't think he is going to be an top center. Would rather move those assets for an established (and young) top pairing D.

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Oilers need a Tanev and or a Sutter. We need and RNH. Would like to see a deal in there somewhere.

In the past, I've been against anything to do with RNH. 

However, with Pettersson's skillset, I believe he'd be an amazing fit.

Unfortunately, being in the same division, the price for us to acquire him would be higher than a non-divisional team.

This being said, I would still pay the price to put The Nuge together with Pettersson. On paper, it looks like a great fit and offers diversity in our top six.

I agree with your assessment of Edmonton's needs. They need a veteran defender to ground their blueline and a veteran center who excels in the faceoff dot and provides a cheaper, true third line center. 

In this case, I ask Sutter to waive. Their need for line balance as well as payroll balance is a big issue with them. Sutter provides a veteran presence, faceoff control, true third line center, with a better cap hit. The chance to play on a team with McDavid. with a roster capable of a lot more than they're showing, may be enough to tempt Sutter to waive.

Brandon Sutter, Ben Hutton, Jonathan Dahlen, for RNH, Mark Letestu

If Sutter waived, they get a versatile veteran center who's faceoff dependability fills a desperate need. Losing the contracts of RNH provides them with, much needed, cap relief and the comfort of having Sutter under contract for three more seasons after this one. They also get a young defender to work into their dcore and a promising winger, in Dahlen to add to their, much depleted, prospect pool.

We get our second top two center in RNH and we can either try to re-sign Letestu or let him play his contract out. I'm not really worried about losing him as my goal was RNH and took Letestu to open a spot on their roster for Sutter. 

Our top 3:                                    Their top 3:

RNH                                             McDavid                                           

Horvat                                          Draisitl

Gaudette                                      Sutter

Both teams benefit and both teams are better.

Archived