The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hawks interested in Canucks D Michael Del Zotto

Adarsh Sant

Don’t even need a great return.

He is replaceable and we need half a season to find out of Holm is an actual player or not.  It is either Del Zotto or Hutton moving out to do that.

Next season someone may well get buried behind Juolevi so it would be good to know what we have.

You'd have to wonder whether a MDZ + Vanek package would really appeal to Chicago.

Patrick Sharp....is just not very good anymore.  Not producing in relatively opportune minutes.

Dealing Vanek - clearly impacts Boeser - something that would have to be weighed against the benefits - but those two could bring a pretty nice return.

MDZ

Vanek

Hayden

Ian Mitchell

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

You forget to take into account, that MDZ was the only healthy d man the Canucks had for a long period. Tanev was out, Stecher was out, Edler was out, and Gubranson was out. Doesn't leave much in the way of NHL defense, when those guys are missing.

True enough. The +/- stat tells only a part of the story. When one looks behind that, at the games played for an example, then it doesn't look quite so bad.

regards,  G.

Chicago won't be trading Jokiharju, not unless we throw someone young in to offset the loss. 
I think it's time to make room on the left side, one of Holm or Juolevi can easily take that spot, and if not we still have Edler, Hutton and Pouliot. Signing MDZ may not have been the best move from a long term standpoint this offseason. 

They don't really have much in terms of prospects. We could always ask for Sikura. But plain picks coming back would be best, along with some cap dump to offset the change. I'm not too bothered with the pick coming back in return. Whether it's a 3rd, a 2nd or something couple with a prospect, we did get MDZ for free.

DJ Del Zotto does have another year on his deal so there isn’t a huge rush on a trade. Unless some team goes crazy and offers a 2nd and a decent prospect. I’d personally like to keep him for the rest of this year anyway. He seems to be a big presence on the boys in a positive way with the DJing thing and good personality. We should trade Gudbranson and Tanev to the highest bidders. Don’t do the blackhawks any favours. Save our cap for Kane, OEL, Doughty or Tavares. Don’t spend most of it on Seabrook.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Who knows about hopes, but Chicago is seldom shy about making moves for the present - for good reason.  And if they want a top 4...with term - who fits their needs, is affordable....then pay up.

They also have some 'heaviness' in their forward group as is - Bouma, Hartman, even Wingels... who knows if they'd move Hayden, but they did just assign him in favour of Jurco, so here's to taking him on as a 'project' lol. 

They can have Gagner as well if they're willing.....(not a shot at Gagner, but he may have utility to them, cap space aside....may have to get creative).

The Hawks sent Hayden down so he can get more ice time in all situations, ie PP, PK, top scoring line.  With Duclair now and Anisimov still to come back, he won't get the minutes he needs to develop with the big club.

The Hawks are very high on Hayden.  How about Hartman?  Interested?

Never understood the mentality of giving away serviceable players for "whatever" or "what have you" attitude. I can see players pretty much done who can give a playoff bound team a little boost but trading away younger players we still need is mindboggling. If your rebuilding a house do you rip out perfectly good lumber or do you get rid of the rotting moldy ones? I am sure he will still be useable for the next 4-5 years at least. So get rid of him so we can go looking for another player like him to replace him? Makes no sense at all.

3 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

The Hawks sent Hayden down so he can get more ice time in all situations, ie PP, PK, top scoring line.  With Duclair now and Anisimov still to come back, he won't get the minutes he needs to develop with the big club.

The Hawks are very high on Hayden.  How about Hartman?  Interested?

Of course.  But I'm doubtful they're any less high on Hartman.

10 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

DJ Del Zotto does have another year on his deal so there isn’t a huge rush on a trade. Unless some team goes crazy and offers a 2nd and a decent prospect. I’d personally like to keep him for the rest of this year anyway. He seems to be a big presence on the boys in a positive way with the DJing thing and good personality. We should trade Gudbranson and Tanev to the highest bidders. Don’t do the blackhawks any favours. Save our cap for Kane, OEL, Doughty or Tavares. Don’t spend most of it on Seabrook.

Gudbranson should only be traded if it's clear that he isn't interested in re-signing.

Tanev is a steady influence on the defense that, if removed, along with Gudbranson being traded, would have a horrible effect on the defense corps.

Del Zotto should stay because of what he does on the ice, not because of his DJ skillzz.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The source is a writer for HockeyBuzz AKA Eklund's Rumor Factory of Misery and Despair.

He doesn't write for HockeyBuzz anymore. And personally I have always though JJ was a decent enough source never and ridiculous rumours from him.

Archived