The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jett Woo is going to be a fan favourite in Vancouver.  He is Juice 2.0 only a better skater and scorer.  He's the total package.  He could be the steal of the 2018 draft...

Probably my favourite pick out of all that draft.  Exactly the kind of defenseman I like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jett Woo is going to be a fan favourite in Vancouver.  He is Juice 2.0 only a better skater and scorer.  He's the total package.  He could be the steal of the 2018 draft...

He’s already one just for his name. Who wouldn’t want a “Jett Woo” jersey.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Upvote 1

On 12/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, smokes said:

Next year Hughes and Juolevi are going to be expected to make the jump or at least push for an NHL spot. With Woo marinating an extra year, the Canucks are better off to focus on the two rookie defenders. Sticking Woo into the mix would be too excessive.

I don't know about Juolevi, his schedual is behind by a year now

Jett Woo is already physically ready for the NHL.  If he’s producing at a point per game this year he could get a shot with the big club as early as next year.  Depends what happenes with Tanev and if we keep him or trade him at the deadline depending on whether we are in a playoff spot.  Also depends on if Tryamkin comes back next year.  

Whatever happens we have a gem on our hands here.  A second round pick ala Subban, Keith and Weber.  He could be an integral part of our top 4 in a few years, a Bieksa type hitter with offensive upside to be a real point producer at the NHL level.  

Jett Woo and Tyler Madden.  I’ll say it again, Jim Benning can draft like the best of them.  There is no one better really.  Wait until all his draft picks hit the big club.  A revolution will happen in Vancouver...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jett Woo is already physically ready for the NHL.  If he’s producing at a point per game this year he could get a shot with the big club as early as next year.  Depends what happenes with Tanev and if we keep him or trade him at the deadline depending on whether we are in a playoff spot.  Also depends on if Tryamkin comes back next year.  

Whatever happens we have a gem on our hands here.  A second round pick ala Subban, Keith and Weber.  He could be an integral part of our top 4 in a few years, a Bieksa type hitter with offensive upside to be a real point producer at the NHL level.  

Jett Woo and Tyler Madden.  I’ll say it again, Jim Benning can draft like the best of them.  There is no one better really.  Wait until all his draft picks hit the big club.  A revolution will happen in Vancouver...

I think Woo will be an NHLer and a good one, but I don't think he will have a shot with the big club next year.  If he was 6 months away from NHL ready he would definitely be on Team Canada right now, especially with his coach as the coach.  I do think he is going to be great but I think he will be in Moose Jaw again next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1