The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

With all this talk about Seider I was hoping to see him play this morning, looks like the only games on is Sweden/Italy....that said, I'm good "settling" for watching Dekey Pete anyday

44 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Holy overpayment.

i will offer the 10th pick and Hutton and maybe dipietro and that’s about it.

Sorry but dipietro is a no go for me.  Would not trade that kid period.  I want to see him develop.  This could be the big game goalie like we have never seen.  

• Upvote 1

Dipietro is a great trade chip

beartschi abd dipietro for ristoleinen

i think buffalo is short on goalies and may lose skinner

beartschi is at least half decent top 6 if he stays healthy

sign one of duchenne/lee/nelson

skinner or nyquist are a bit less desirable for me BC they lack grit 

draft krebs or seider

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Also if we’re in love with Byram and he drops to the Avalanche at #4 then the Canucks could offer Juolevi and the #10 pick.  

Byram is projected to be a #1 D man by Button. No way in hell Avs do that.

7 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

draft krebs or seider

They have Luukkonen as an up and coming goalie already. They would want someone ready now if they even consider giving up their top deployed dman.

7 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Byram is projected to be a #1 D man by Button. No way in hell Avs do that.

I’ve watched a lot of Byram this year.  Granted it’s only on my iPad and not live, but I worry about Byram’s top end speed.  His hockey smarts are off the charts though.  

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’ve watched a lot of Byram this year.  Granted it’s only on my iPad and not live, but I worry about Byram’s top end speed.  His hockey smarts are off the charts though.  

He's a fantastic skater, not much of a concern there. He's an effortless skater much like Pronger was. He looks like he's moving slow but two strides can get anywhere

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I live close to the LEC and go to a lot of the games.  

Skating isn’t close to an issue with him.  

Positioning on the other hand......

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

He's a fantastic skater, not much of a concern there. He's an effortless skater much like Pronger was. He looks like he's moving slow but two strides can get anywhere

He does always appear to be in the right position.  He reminds me a lot of Ray Bourque that way.  He’s extremely hockey smart.  He’s not fast though.  

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I see the opposite in Byram.  He’s smart, but is not fast.  

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

He patrols the ice like Hughes but his skating isn't quite good enough to support it sometimes haha. He will learn very quickly what he can get away with.

Colorado has a filthy defense going forward. If they add Byram it just wont even be funny. 

They have Barrie, Makar, Girard, Johnson and Timmins on the way. Would be without a doubt the best top 6 in the league in a year or two especially adding Byram. But i think there could be a possibility that they would consider moving the pick. I think they would like to add depth up front in their top 9.

Virtanen, Dipietro and our number 10 for number 4 overall? I know its a lot to trade to move up 6 spots but thats usually what you gotta do to move up. If there was a year where it might make sense it might be this year because the forwards between 4-10 are relatively equal so if avs prefer a forward over defense then it is almost a no brainer for them to do a trade down. They could probably grab boldy or krebs at 10 and still grab another dman with their 2nd first. 

Avs would be looking deep with adding a stud goalie prospect, virts speed fits their style well, and still have two solid firsts to work with.

4 hours ago, cyoung said:

Yeah, hes got that Michael Grabner kind of speed. Grabs doesn't look like he's skating hard, but you just see him pull further away from the defender chasing him

1 hour ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Colorado has a filthy defense going forward. If they add Byram it just wont even be funny. 

They have Barrie, Makar, Girard, Johnson and Timmins on the way. Would be without a doubt the best top 6 in the league in a year or two especially adding Byram. But i think there could be a possibility that they would consider moving the pick. I think they would like to add depth up front in their top 9.

Virtanen, Dipietro and our number 10 for number 4 overall? I know its a lot to trade to move up 6 spots but thats usually what you gotta do to move up. If there was a year where it might make sense it might be this year because the forwards between 4-10 are relatively equal so if avs prefer a forward over defense then it is almost a no brainer for them to do a trade down. They could probably grab boldy or krebs at 10 and still grab another dman with their 2nd first. 

Avs would be looking deep with adding a stud goalie prospect, virts speed fits their style well, and still have two solid firsts to work with.

Colorado's biggest need is secondary forwards behind MacKinnon, particularly at 2C. Landing Turcotte  Dach, or whoever their best forward available is who could contribute on an ELC for 3 years is much more valuable than that package. 

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I see the opposite in Byram.  He’s smart, but is not fast.  

Cool.  Go to a bunch of games. 

He is smart, but his skating is also very good.  

He is a total rover who gets caught pinching and wandering al the time 

20 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

draft krebs or seider

Why would Buffalo want DiPietro?  They have the guy who beat him out for goalie of the year.

Soon, Hughes, Kakko, Byram etc. will all be the enemy. I'm not going to pump their tires. Looking forward to seeing who Benning drafts at #10. This could be his last draft as the Canucks GM (depending on playoffs next year), so he's going to have to make a very smart pick. I think he goes with a Dman: Broberg, Soderstrom, York, Harley or Seider. And then gets a forward with the 2nd. Maybe he nabs another 2nd and they get Beecher and Grewe.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Soon, Hughes, Kakko, Byram etc. will all be the enemy. I'm not going to pump their tires. Looking forward to seeing who Benning drafts at #10. This could be his last draft as the Canucks GM (depending on playoffs next year), so he's going to have to make a very smart pick. I think he goes with a Dman: Broberg, Soderstrom, York, Harley or Seider. And then gets a forward with the 2nd. Maybe he nabs another 2nd and they get Beecher and Grewe.

Im really warming up to Seider.