The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators re-sign Mark Stone

We'll see if he stays, but if Stone's actually a point-per-game guy, his offensive play plus his strong defensive game easily makes him worth that kind of money. If he can put up 80+ points, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign mega deal as a UFA for $8m+ next year.

10 minutes ago, crunch55 said:

If Stoner gets $7 mill plus ...what will Brock get if he is a point a game guy this year ? The new cap hit is really driving salaries up and they thinking you have more cap space is going out the window because of it.

8.5-9.5 range I would guess.

I really get the sense that all these guys want out as soon as possible.

High salary asks and no term commitments.

Avoiding arbitration means he can be traded anytime which both parties could be happy with.

When I start to feel bad about our increasing dysfunction and “meh” ownership, I just think about Ottawa and feel better.

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's an I had a half bottle of Crown Royal smile.

I bet he'll be doing this once he realizes he probably gave up Jack Hughes for Brady Tkachuk by giving Colorado their 2019 1st. 

cheech.gif.47653a04514cae2db65938afcdee7360.gif

26 minutes ago, crunch55 said:

If Stoner gets $7 mill plus ...what will Brock get if he is a point a game guy this year ? The new cap hit is really driving salaries up and they thinking you have more cap space is going out the window because of it.

Ottawa surcharge.  Their ownership is so bad their players can't be used as comparables.  No one in their right mind will play there voluntarily.

Archived