The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign William Karlsson

If he attains 40+ g again next season he'll be looking at a career-defining, long-term contract.

Question is though,  what does Vegas do if he comes back down to earth and gets in the lower 20g range next season?

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Dorion....7.25 million for stone.

Cammon man

Doesn't matter. Both are one year deals. Karlsson's contract is about as close to a bridge deal as you can get. If he repeats his last season he will get over $7M.

It felt like a lot of the players on Vegas were riding some sort of emotional wave. The amount of players that had major career highs relative to their previous stats seems to show it. It's hard to think that they all collectively reached a new level that they will sustain. For Karlsson, I'm thinking a 50-60 point season, with somewhere between 20-35 goals. I think that whole team is gonna come back down to earth.

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

18 goals is a big drop. I can't see that happening.

Well, it can happen.   A bunch of guys told me about the legend of Scott Bjugstad.    With the Minnesota North (Dallas) Stars, Bjugstad scored 43 times in 1985-1986. While he barely played half the season the following year, Bjugstad finished with 4 goals in 39 games.   Bjugstad spent the rest of his NHL career never coming close to that 43 mark and, in fact, scored a TOTAL of 22 goals over the next six years....barely 3 per season..... that's a drop of 40.

39 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well, it can happen.   A bunch of guys told me about the legend of Scott Bjugstad.    With the Minnesota North (Dallas) Stars, Bjugstad scored 43 times in 1985-1986. While he barely played half the season the following year, Bjugstad finished with 4 goals in 39 games.   Bjugstad spent the rest of his NHL career never coming close to that 43 mark and, in fact, scored a TOTAL of 22 goals over the next six years....barely 3 per season..... that's a drop of 40.

Jason Blake

Archived