The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ Report ] sens scratching duchane, stone & dzingel

I have a question for you all...would you take on Bobby Ryan’s contract to get Stone in a trade? Obviously we would have to trade some salary players back to balance the books. But I think it would be the only way we could get Stone with out giving up major assets. And I will also add that I wouldn’t do it unless it was a trade and sign scenario with Stone...thoughts?

One weakness of Melynik is his pocket book after all...

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

man i heard sens were offering stone 10.5 million on a long term contract

hard to believe that he could earn that much given that he is not among the top tier of elite players

ottawa must be quite desperate

and still they could not conclude the deal (bonus issues? trade clauses?)

Stone didn't want to drive the Zamboni between periods and Melnyk walked away.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

hard to believe that he could earn that much given that he is not among the top tier of elite players

rumour was it was 5 years though and given he's 26, he wouldn't want to be a ufa in a league getting faster and faster at 31/32... My guess is he'd take less money per year but wants 7-8 years

11 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

rumour was it was 5 years though and given he's 26, he wouldn't want to be a ufa in a league getting faster and faster at 31/32... My guess is he'd take less money per year but wants 7-8 years

not so sure about that

with the cap going up some 3 million per season

in 5 years that is 15 million more cap room

so that contract would not look so bad in 5 years even if it had 2 more years to go

he is a lot like bo . works damn hard

not really seeing that he'd have a fall off like you are projecting

they could solve that issue anyway by ensuring no trade restrictions half way through the contract

he is a player worth taking a risk on for a long term contract

if you are right about that being the hold up, and that he'd take a smaller aav, the sens are silly

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

not so sure about that

with the cap going up some 3 million per season

in 5 years that is 15 million more cap room

so that contract would not look so bad in 5 years even if it had 2 more years to go

he is a lot like bo . works damn hard

not really seeing that he'd have a fall off like you are projecting

they could solve that issue anyway by ensuring no trade restrictions half way through the contract

he is a player worth taking a risk on for a long term contract

if you are right about that being the hold up, and that he'd take a smaller aav, the sensare silly

Not sure about what? It's what they said on TV, I didn't just pull it out of me azz

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

How about we trade Goldobin to Ottawa for their amateur and lower tier scouts 

Ottawa's only real asset right now is their scouts and I'd like to poach a few to add to super Jim's stable

Just poach them.  We've got an owner who isn't afraid to spend money (especially since there's a good reason for the expenditure).  Time to exercise a bit of the financial muscle under our disposal.

3 hours ago, 40Dangles said:

Yeah there is no way he'd sign for less than 7 years.  Any player can get a career ending injury at any time so no way he would sign for only 5 years as this may be his last contract in the NHL.  $9.5 million over 7 years is probably what teams are looking at on July 1.  

4 hours ago, coastal.view said:

sorry you found the need to personalize my comments

i did not call you silly

i called the sens silly

go reread the post

I didn’t personalize your comments - you  said “not so sure about that”- that suggests you viewed my post as an opinion of mine when it was not an opinion (at least by me) but something reported by “those in the know” on TV

10 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I have a question for you all...would you take on Bobby Ryan’s contract to get Stone in a trade? Obviously we would have to trade some salary players back to balance the books. But I think it would be the only way we could get Stone with out giving up major assets. And I will also add that I wouldn’t do it unless it was a trade and sign scenario with Stone...thoughts?

One weakness of Melynik is his pocket book after all...

I don’t think this is on the table.  Ditching their three big guys will mean they will have trouble reaching the cap floor.  No need to shed more salary at that point.

Matbe Ottawa takes on som big dead cap contract to reach the floor.  I am not sure if they are allowed to get one like Horton and take him off LTIR to use his cap hit.

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

I need "blue pills" just so I can find my Dzingle.  :shock:

You should watch Oprah Alf. She had a surgeon on there who specialized in dzingle enlargements. $10,000.00 per inch!!!!!

So I phoned his receptionist thinking I could make an extra 20-30 k.  But apparently it don't work like that. 

We are starting to get in the territory of Ottawa screwing this up.

Today is the day to make the deal.  Word from the TSN guys had been that the other GMs wanted deals done already and that potential suitors may be considering alternative plans to avoid being stuck as bridesmaids right at the deadline.

No way Stone or any rental is worth two 1st round picks and two top prospects, that is the word on the ask right now.

Ottawa would be so screwed if they mess this up and are stuck with any of these guys after the deadline.

11 hours ago, coastal.view said:

Intangibles must be worth a LOT.

Archived