The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

Just now, The Beagle had landed said:

Gudbranson challenged Getzlaf and they fought.

So.. in 3 years he showed character 3 times.

Matt Marten

That Tampa bay Stecher shot

The lack of emotion Getzlaf wrestle

Come on.. Guddy was a 3rd string defenceman who did the bare minimum for toughness. Don't give him more credit than he deserves

• Wat 5

Disappointing, in that I thought his size and grit would entice more from a Cup contender. We get a 26 year old vet who has flattened out. Not much younger than Guddy. But also we don't get even one 7th round pick thrown in.  I WANT PICKS DAMMIT!  or at least a younger prospect. Our tent is chock full of camp councilors who take up all the beds of actual kids. When the lunch bell rings they all get to budge there way out first and get to the table.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

HF boards and some CDC personalities: Trade Gudbranson for anything omg what a bad trade that was.

Trades Gudbranson for a needed LW

HF Boards and some CDC personalities:

Omg that's it, that's all he got?  He's the worst GM ever.  Couldn't even get Malkin for Gudbranson

Nah they are throwing a parade on HF. Guddy was their favourite whipping boy since last year. Sutter should up his level of play because that's probably who they will direct their ire towards next.

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

bad move, imo.  I don't care what people say, he was a huge deterrent to guys looking to rough up the youth and he was the only true physical dman they had.

I like idea of a 15-20 goal guy with Bo with some size... but I do wonder if its going to be open season on Petey. I do think some other teams are probably regretting lowballing Jim on Guddy. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I get people didn't like Quads here, but seriously - who is going to take his minutes.....Biega, Sautner - no one can realistically tell me they're going to be an upgrade.......maybe Hughes?

He was playing as low as 10 minutes just a couple games ago with injuries to Edler and Taven, it's not like you have to fill 25 minutes and it was obvious he lost the trust of Green.

• Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

If he dodged everyone including non tough guys with 2 months notice what makes you think he'd do anything but turtle if someone on the ice actually saw what happened? 

How did the team on the ice not see Petey get powerbombed when he had the puck? This team has fake tough guys. Guddy was one of them. If y’all think his leaving makes us weaker by all means.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Guddy sure showed Matheson what for after he power bombed Petey. Oh wait, he didn’t. Only after the fanbase and media ripped the team did they start pretending to care about each other.

And now that he’s gone, there’s no one who will step up ever. I guess the Canucks can make them pay on the PP, oh wait. 

Edited by WZRD

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ask Hamonic’s broken face. 

So what? he got in a scrap and landed 1 great punch! That 1 punch is what you use to define a 3 year stint in Vancouver. My neighbour fights Hamonic 100 times odds are he'll land that punch 1 time... and he wears cut off jean shorts when he gardens. Give me a break.

• Haha 2

Just now, N7Nucks said:

How did the team on the ice not see Petey get powerbombed when he had the puck? This team has fake tough guys. Guddy was one of them. If y’all think his leaving makes us weaker by all means.

The play was going the other way, show me where the puck is. 

2F99D171-CB0A-43BE-9B98-DBA0352D6145.png

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

So.. in 3 years he showed character 3 times.

Matt Marten

That Tampa bay Stecher shot

The lack of emotion Getzlaf wrestle

Come on.. Guddy was a 3rd string defenceman who did the bare minimum for toughness. Don't give him more credit than he deserves

I answered another posters question.  Take that stick out of your ass and chill out.