The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Sure he did bring grit but he was also a liability when he was out there on the ice. He can't pass the puck, he can't move effectively to keep up with speedier forwards. And beyond that he was not improving but actively regressing. I think his confidence is just shot to $&!# and it looked like he was spiralling downwards. Good for Benning for getting what he could and giving him a fresh start elsewhere because it wasn't going to happen here. But I will also say that people really need to chill regarding the hatred for a player that is underperforming. I don't think it reached crazy levels here but twitter and HF were just a real $&!# show. The crap that fans hurl at players for not performing for their favourite team can become so disgustingly personal. 

I don't hate Guddy. He seems like he is a nice guy.

He is a bad defense man though. I am glad he is gone. Too bad we didn't get a pick instead of pearson but oh well.

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

He actually tried, as did a number of other Canucks. Nice try at using a flawed example though.

You can't go out there and Bertuzzi people, we know how that ends.

Yeah like two months later, AFTER we ripped the team for a lack of toughness. Lol. This team missed his supposed toughness WHILE he was here. He had two real instances of being tough in his entire time here. One was self defense on Hamonic and the other was the Virtanen incident. Then spent half his time here injured. Will not be missed.

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

10 minutes ago, Virtanen The Great said:

All the people saying they're stoked for this. He was our only tough heavyweight we had to stick up for our young stars. Roussel cant do it all bu himself. I would have kept gudbranson 100%

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Don't disagree, but Gudbranson’s toughness will be missed. 

10 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Officially back to ZERO toughness on the roster. Keep your head up EP and I hope you make it out of this season in 1 piece. 

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just don't be complaining when nobody is able to step up when our young guys get hit.

please advise on what toughness Guddy brought? Sorry guys, but the illusion of toughness isn't the same thing as actually acting tough. You think if he brought toughness he'd be traded? no. He wasn't as advertised. It was too bad. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Yeah like two months later, AFTER we ripped the team for a lack of toughness. Lol. This team missed his supposed toughness WHILE he was here. He had two real instances of being tough in his entire time here. One was self defense on Hamonic and the other was the Virtanen incident. Then spent half his time here injured. Will not be missed.

If he dodged everyone including non tough guys with 2 months notice what makes you think he'd do anything but turtle if someone on the ice actually saw what happened? 

• Cheers 1

AS poor as his play was, he did make a difference at times just by his presence.  The new NHL doesn't allow guys to hunt down offenders and pummel them.  It is also no longer a career ending humiliation to refuse to fight so his physical intimidation was marginal.  HIs defensive failures just weren't enough to offset his physical attributes. 

From what I hear, he was a class act and a good team mate.  I wish him well in Pittsburgh.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

please advise on what toughness Guddy brought? Sorry guys, but the illusion of toughness isn't the same thing as actually acting tough. You think if he brought toughness he'd be traded? no. He wasn't as advertised. It was too bad. 

Yah I agree.  Motte is the toughest guy on our roster...yet one of the smallest.