The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

58 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Yup. Chatting this with a bud today. For it, and I think fair.

With all this "friction" there's certainly grease to make the wheels turn for a trade of Eriksson and Lucic. Even Milan said a few days ago that playing in Vancouver was a possibility.

13 hours ago, Provost said:

The last couple sentences are more key.

As for now it looks like he will play for the Canucks next season, but “we will see what happens.”  He has three seasons left on his contract and he doesn’t speak like he wants to be here for those years.

Well, the feeling is mutual.  Derick Roy with term if he was a winger . See ya. 

17 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Heck no to Lucic.

Dahlen got traded for saying less. So he should be on the block if our terrible management is consistent. Unfortunately, that’s one of the reasons why our management is so terrible. They aren’t consistent at all. They put Goldie and LE in the dog house while gift undeserved minutes to baertschi , granlund, and jV.  Maybe it’s that idiot weisbrod. He has to go. 

It’s Jim Sandlak’s fault.

15 hours ago, J-P said:

That's not what he said.

In swedish: "Det är fortfarande kul att spela även om det är tråkigt att inte gå till slutspel och vi inte lyckas på den biten." 

In english: "It's still fun playing even though it's a shame not reaching the playoffs and have success on that level."

"Tråkigt" means "boring" in other contexts, Google translate is not that sophisticated...

Although I have not read or heard the interview, I agree that your translation is correct.

15 hours ago, kilgore said:

I looked through the article in Swedish, and I think you picked out the paragraph in front of the one I quoted.

– Det är fortfarande kul att spela även om det är tråkigt att inte gå till slutspel och vi inte lyckas på den biten.

does translate into:

It is still fun to play even if it is sad not to go to the playoffs and we do not succeed on that bit.

But in the next paragraph he says:

– Som jag sa så har jag spelat i en defensiv roll hela säsongen och jag har inte haft så mycket istid. Självklart är det tråkigt för den delen.
– Samtidigt är det inte mycket jag kan göra. Det är bara att kämpa på och kroppen känns i alla fall bra.

which translates into:

As I said, I have played in a defensive role throughout the season and I have not had so much ice age. Of course it is boring for that part. - At the same time there is not much I can do. It's just to fight on and the body feels good anyway.

I would suggest disappointing rather than boring in all fairrness. Loui has been very disappointing in all fairness.

7 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol Eriksson played over half the year on Horvats wing. 

How is that not an offensive roll.

Interesting... With Sweden he seemed to go to the net similar to what Pearson does with Horvat. 

What role did Loui have on Horvats line and how many minutes with Horvat did he get!? 

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Yup. Chatting this with a bud today. For it, and I think fair.

4 more years for Lucic with NMC compared to Eriksson's 3 years and no NMC. That alone makes it not worth it to move up 2 spots in the draft. We'll very likely draft a guy at 8 that we can get at 10.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

4 more years for Lucic with NMC compared to Eriksson's 3 years and no NMC. That alone makes it not worth it to move up 2 spots in the draft. We'll very likely draft a guy at 8 that we can get at 10.

Lucic's size, physicality, being three years younger, willingness to play here, and imo higher potential for a resurgence than LE makes it worth the fresh start for both thus the trade worth the risk. Or, I'm definitely open to JB doing something else with LE.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

The idea of trading bad contract for bad contract scares me. LE has not lived up to his contract at all but is serviceable. Lucic has the physical element we need but man is he slow. Kovulchuk is a has been. Maybe Bobby Ryan or Karl Alzner would fill our needs while ridding us of LE. In the end though if LE can be traded with a prospect or pick and no bad contract coming back that would be ideal. 

11 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Speaking of mismanagement. The rangers are already ahead of us possibly and they had less than a year vs our 6 years.....

NYR had a GM who was willing to make bold trades and trade players who he felt didnt fit with the team long term in order to get Quality assets in return and do a quicker and proper rebuild. He traded his captain along with fan/team favourites and players in their 20's. If out GM made more bold moves like dealing Tanev a year or 2 ago, asking plyaers like Edler to submit a list of teams he would waive for well in advance regardless if he had a full NTC you can still ask the player...

Instead, we held on to the aging, injured players. They either walked as FA, retired or saw their values diminish in a potential trade. Is he seriously going to re up Edler and give him another ntc or dare i say a nmc...I damn well hope not. Let him walk and get that kind of contract from another team. He is an athlete we dont owe him anything imo, we let the Sedins call the shots and retire here, I dont think that trend has to be extended to Edler. Sign a veteran LHD for a short term and contract to act as a fill in until Hughes and OJ prove they can be top 4 D. That is why they got drafted so early right...we passed over a beast of a winger to get OJ, lets hope he becomes a top 4 at worst.

Rangers GM had the right mindset

1 hour ago, rekker said:

The idea of trading bad contract for bad contract scares me.

That is what Benning does, he hasn't shown the ability to trade away a bad contract without taking one back. He needs to step up and have a busy productive off season. If he doesnt, its time to move on and find a GM who can make and execute decisions the easy and hard ones.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

That is what Benning does, he hasn't shown the ability to trade away a bad contract without taking one back. He needs to step up and have a busy productive off season. If he doesnt, its time to move on and find a GM who can make and execute decisions the easy and hard ones.

MDV for schenn? 

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Definately a very important off season for the club and JB. 

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Plus we lose a protection spot in the expansion draft.