The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apple is Shutting Down iTunes Next Week

Pears

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Apple make the best laptops ,tablets and cell phones.  Not even close 

More Surrey wisdom.

Apple sucks ass my friend. iTunes is the $&!#tiest music program known to man.

Any company that designs a program to convert all your files then hold them hostage is the enemy. Apple must be destroyed.

17 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

what's with the apple hate? 

Just guys with not enough disposable income  that can't afford the top quality that is Apple products.

Apple products save you money in the long term with less hardware  issues and zero viruses etc.. need replacing way less often. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

More Surrey wisdom.

Apple sucks ass my friend. iTunes is the $&!#tiest music program known to man.

Any company that designs a program to convert all your files then hold them hostage is the enemy. Apple must be destroyed.

I agree Itunes sucked..  but my friend... Apple is famous for ipads, iphones and macbooks  which all 3 are the PREMIUM deal.

The Bloomberg report also said that without iTunes, Mac users will manage their devices through the Music app moving forward. It's not clear what will happen to iTunes for Microsoft Windows.

A lot of people have PCs in addition to a Apple device.  So how are we going to sync photos/movies from PCs to iPads/iPhones and vice versa without iTunes?

7 minutes ago, DonLever said:

A lot of people have PCs in addition to a Apple device.  So how are we going to sync photos/movies from PCs to iPads/iPhones and vice versa without iTunes?

Can you not access the iCloud through PC?

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Just guys with not enough disposable income  that can't afford the top quality that is Apple products.

Apple products save you money in the long term with less hardware  issues and zero viruses etc.. need replacing way less often. 

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: 

I'm sorry I keep laughing at how ignorant you are. You actually think price equals quality. You poor naive soul. You say it's just people who can't afford them but then proclaim how much money you save in the long run. We all.know damn well most people go and buy the new iPhone every year. No headphone jack!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Garbage.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42508300

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.itworld.com/article/3316958/apple-and-samsung-fined-for-planned-obsolescence.amp.html

I will never buy Apple, Samsung or Huawei.

Edited by Baer.
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

I will never buy Apple, Samsung or Huawei.

Sorry , clearly you have never owned an macbook pro so you are clueless about laptop comparisons.

I currently run macbook pro and HP laptops.  Had a Lenovo and HP previously.

People like you that have never used Macbooks really just have the range of experience to have a meaningful discussion.

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

"Not enough disposable income" as an excuse for hate? How snobbish can one get in thinking income's the reason why people hate on products? If something's not worth the price it's not worth the price. For example, why would I want a Land Rover that's likely to break down when a more reliable Toyota's going to get me the same amount of happiness with probably more features even?

I have custom built windows computers that have been around for more than 15 years. NOTHING broke on them. I have a couple of Apple product that, guess what, broke! You want to know why Apple is considered more "reliable"? They only give you the options of the hardware they want and, while this model worked well at first, they've changed things to the point where users are turning away. The OS in the past couple of years is sub-par to what they had before. I know a lot of music producers who used to use Mac all the time but then left because of that reason alone. It's simply not as useful for creativity as it once was.

Not only that but, since Jobs passed away, Apple's slowly been turning into the Electronic Arts of electronics. Apple products do break and, when they do, Apple's done everything they can to prevent random people from being licensed technicians, so people can only go to THEIR licensed technicians so they make more money. They've done a lot of shady business practices behind the scenes.

I didn't have an issue with Apple a couple of years ago. I even considered one. Now.... it's not even in the discussion for me.

But enjoy your higher disposable income. I'm sure you are much higher of stature than us mere peons who dare attack Apple for having shady practices! I get that you like Macbooks, but don't let that homerism uneducate you from what's actually going on in the real world.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I can get basically whatever I want through work. Will never get a Mac because many software programs that I use don't run on Macs unless you have run parallels... which never appealed to me because it seemed hugely inefficient. There are many reasons to not want a Mac besides the pricepoint. 

Some people love Macs because they see it as a status symbol. Kind of seems like that is how you see it too since your defence of Mac has mainly been based on "its because you can't afford one"... which is (1) wrong and (2) a completely douchebag thing to say.... but that isn't atypical for you either. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1