The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jack Roslovic fires agent, may want out of Winnipeg

Columbus Blue Jackets beat man Aaron Portzline reported that Jack Roslovic has fired his agent of over six years for reasons that sound like player advocacy:

#NHLJets C Jack Roslovic, a Columbus native, has fired his Columbus-based agent Ken Robinson, who has represented him for more than six years. Roslovic asked Winnipeg for a trade at least once last season, sources told The Athletic, because of a lack of role/playing time. 1/2

Roslovic, 22, was a first-round draft pick (No. 25 overall) in 2015. He totaled 9-15-24 in 77 games, but played only 9:44 (fourth line) per game despite playing on the power play. He’s now with agent Claude Lemieux and 4SPORTS Team.

2/2 #NHLJets

Interestingly enough, he hired former teammate Brendan Lemieux’s father Claude as his new agent. Roslovic has one more year on his entry-level deal before he becomes a restricted free agent without arbitration rights. It makes sense that he would want to play on a line higher than the fourth line so he can make more money.

He was a guy I had my eyes on for a while since the year he was taken after Brock Boeser.

Kid has slick hands and is a very good skater.  If true, he would be an ideal fit alongside Bo Horvat.  Good thing is that Jack Roslovic can play centre and wing.  For whatever reason Winnipeg tried to bury him underneath their depth, but kid seems like he has had enough. Too bad considering he would've been Kevin Hayes' replacement as the 2nd line center likely. 

Only 22, and one year left on his ELC, he should be a guy to target and may not be at the same level of demand like other established top six forwards.  

SCOUTING REPORT

Oozes offensive ability and is a natural point producer. Is very quick and boasts good acceleration. Has some versatility in his game. Owns a projectable 6-1 frame, so he should be able to hold his own in physical contests in the National Hockey League. Needs to fill out his frame in order to maximize output at the highest level. Could also stand to shoot the puck more, since his first instinct is to pass, especially against top defenders in the NHL. Needs to play with greater consistency in all areas.

Long Range Potential: Talented playmaker with upside.

Plays the middle on the PP for the 1-3-1 set up.  Could be the missing link on the first unit powerplay for that bumper position between Brock and Petey.

Wonder what the cost would be to get him.  Surely Winnipeg would like a Solid return.  Juolevi for Roslovic?

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He was a guy I had my eyes on for a while since the year he was taken after Brock Boeser.

Kid has slick hands and is a very good skater.  If true, he would be an ideal fit alongside Bo Horvat.  Good thing is that Jack Roslovic can play centre and wing.  For whatever reason Winnipeg tried to bury him underneath their depth, but kid seems like he has had enough. Too bad considering he would've been Kevin Hayes' replacement as the 2nd line center likely. 

Only 22, and one year left on his ELC, he should be a guy to target and may not be at the same level of demand like other established top six forwards.  

Plays the middle on the PP for the 1-3-1 set up.  Could be the missing link on the first unit powerplay for that bumper position between Brock and Petey.

Wonder what the cost would be to get him.  Surely Winnipeg would like a Solid return.  Juolevi for Roslovic?

nah, he wants out so give them a low ball offer to start... 

• Cheers 1

Realistically, other teams will be offering players and picks as well......thankfully Winnipeg is close to the cap, when all is said and done this summer, so they will not be taking cap back......

Roslovic for 2021 1st and Lind

Fair offer!

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Jeez, everyone wants out of Winnipeg.

Starting to see why their franchise folded.

Have you been to Winnipeg? I'm sure they are lovely people there, but its FRICKEN FREEZING!

And, the whole place sounds like a game show for Pirates!

:P

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Joulevi would be a sweet trade... for Winnipeg. Can’t believe how undervalued one of the biggest D prospects the Canucks have ever had is in these parts. I always see people just throwing him away in their arm GM proposals. Crazy

OJ is offered because he has value.  This isn't some whatever year NHL game where you can just substitute quality with quantity.  

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

interesting, GM JB should be making a call to see what it would take

I don't understand why everyone thinks Vancouver is the ultimate destination? We're a long way from playoff contention. The guy is from Columbus. Maybe he just wants a trade to Columbus and play in his hometown? Make enquiries sure. But I would never assume everyone wants to play here. 

Yet. Maybe in a season or two that might change. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

3 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

OJ is offered because he has value.  This isn't some whatever year NHL game where you can just substitute quality with quantity.  

Not sure what this has to do with an NHL game but why would you propose to trade a top prospect for a player that is going to be further down the depth chart down hence less value then you are giving the other team. It makes 0 sense. Dmen in general are worth more than forwards especially when they a pencilled into a future top 4.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Have you been to Winnipeg? I'm sure they are lovely people there, but its FRICKEN FREEZING!

And, the whole place sounds like a game show for Pirates!

:P

By far, the funniest thing I've read in a while.

(outside of the Proposals/Armchair GM forum)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2