The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2011 SCF Game 7

Rate this topic

BobSacamano

Final Minutes of Game 7, 2011  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I took great joy in watching the Bruins lose on home ice last night, it did bring back some hurt from 2011 (side note: I thought I should be over it but then realized that is what watching sports is all about - being passionate and way too invested in something you have zero control over... at least for me :)... so yes, it still hurts and I am still bitter). I realized that I have never actually seen the final minutes of that game, nor the handshake, nor any of the on-ice celebrations. I watched the game at the Commodore and left with about 5 minutes to play in the third. Couldn't bear to watch them lose. I got out of the downtown core before any of the riots started but could tell as I was leaving that something was in the air. Anyways, aside from seeing Chara hoist the cup in the HNIC clips, I haven't seen any of the on-ice celebrations from that night. Am I the only one?

Edited by SunnyHours
  • Upvote 2

I watched it live and halfway through the game I lost interest. The way the team folded and stopped trying was too much to continue taking in. I remember going out on my friend's deck in Steveston and shaving my beard, and saying to them that there was going to be a riot (having witnessed the 94 one firsthand). Within minutes, it happened.

That nite is a blur..Just remeber waking up the next morning and seeing they rioted again.To this day the adele song rolling in the deep gives me ptsd.mistakingly clicked on the game seven youtube video watched the opening montage and then turned it off and went to sleep.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Boeserker said:

I still watch all the Series clinchers from '94when I need a hockey fix but can't watch anything from 2011.  All I have in my head is Ratface speed bagging what appeared to be an inanimate object and nobody did a god damned thing about it.

1994 = Magic

2011 = Tragic

1982 = A party that ended early.  We had no business being in that position really (took a bunch of things to fall into place) but the team was a hard working crew.  It just didn’t have enough talent.

• Cheers 2

Yeah, all a drag..& I turned it off(think when they were down 2-0..? forget)

What's beauty is that I believe the BroonGoons will start their long, winding descent from this poor game 7. At 42, Chara is iffy to stay healthy in future PO's. Bergeron is 33, Rask 32, etc... Also Krejci & Backes useless return for 13 mill in cap pesos.

They missed the boat in 2015..had THREE 1st's to draft Zboril, Shenyshen, & Debusk, missing Barzal, Boeser, Connor & Chabot. If they landed a couple of this list, their future was reloaded.

Screw these ***holes! SOOO happy to see yesterday's result!

None of the above.   I have watched it a few times and see a depleted team that didn't get calls or bounces and a puck that found holes for the Bruins.   It happens.   It happened to the Bruins early this morning.    

If you are wanting to create a new thread, why not simply ask if it was better to get all that way and lose in such a hard manner or to have otherwise not had the journey in the first place.   I didn't have the benefit to being in your city for the run (nor was born for the other) but I would be most everyone who is a true fan LOVED that run and even though that last game stung, and still stings, it is not to the point it obliterates all the other great memories for that ride.   

Go Canucks.   It will happen.   :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boeserker said:

I still watch all the Series clinchers from '94when I need a hockey fix but can't watch anything from 2011.  All I have in my head is Ratface speed bagging what appeared to be an inanimate object and nobody did a god damned thing about it.

1994 = Magic

2011 = Tragic

Yeah no brashear to do anything...  plus no depth at D to cover the injuries... 

Edited by iceman64