The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Shopping Tanev

Just now, Alflives said:

Who would you rather have Kap at 4 million for 5 years, or Nylander for 7 million at 7 years?  The Leafs will fight hard to keep Kap, as they should.  

depends on what you value.  Nylander is the much superior offensive player and kap is a better 200 ft player.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Who would you rather have Kap at 4 million for 5 years, or Nylander for 7 million at 7 years?  The Leafs will fight hard to keep Kap, as they should.  

I'd still take a swing at Nylander as well. He'd make a nice winger for Horvat. We'd be taking on a hell of a lot of cap if it involved taking on Zaitsev as well. If we could move out a big salary like Sutter, Beagle or Eriksson I'd still pull the trigger on the same deal, only switching Kap with Nylander. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

depends on what you value.  Nylander is the much superior offensive player and kap is a better 200 ft player.

And Kap plays a much heavier game too, doesn't he?  He's more of a straight line guy, whereas Nylander is the east west type.  I just see the Leafs rather keeping Kap, because he's cheaper and contributes to their team's needs more than Nylander does.  Why am I pushing for us getting Nylander? :picard:

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd still take a swing at Nylander as well. He'd make a nice winger for Horvat. We'd be taking on a hell of a lot of cap if it involved taking on Zaitsev as well. If we could move out a big salary like Sutter, Beagle or Eriksson I'd still pull the trigger on the same deal, only switching Kap with Nylander. 

I think it would be easier to get Nylander than getting Kap.  And yes, Willie would be a good winger for Bo.  

5 hours ago, cdubuya said:

Tanev's trade value hasn't been this low since he was an undrafted free agent....

How very untrue.   Bad luck has been more than half of his injuries.   Teams don't count those against a guy.    Moreover, he did not have a ton of interest when the Canucks signed him....unlike your claim his value was higher then.

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Speaking of logic... You don't move him without a plan to replace him in the lineup.

Well...

Since Tanev is constantly in the press box or rehab... there is and was always someone there to replace him so a replacement is not hard to come by. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

This management group is so inept the time to do this was two years ago, not after his body has broken down further. I guess we will have to see what the 5th rounder we get for him turns out to be 

How do you know they didn't try? They could have been trying for the last 4 years and just didn't like they offers that were given. Stop blaming management group as if they sit on their asses all day. Every management group is actively pursuing every avenue to make their team better. Do you go to work and just sit around?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

How do you know they didn't try? They could have been trying for the last 4 years and just didn't like they offers that were given. Stop blaming management group as if they sit on their asses all day. Every management group is actively pursuing every avenue to make their team better. Do you go to work and just sit around?

They were offered a first rounder in 2018 for him and declined, I’d say they weren’t trying 

9 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

They were offered a first rounder in 2018 for him and declined, I’d say they weren’t trying

Please indicate who offered them this and your evidence for such.   I find those who like to criticize Canuck management for things that never happened quite interesting - you are now on that list!   :)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Please indicate who offered them this and your evidence for such.   I find those who like to criticize Canuck management for things that never happened quite interesting - you are now on that list!   :)

See attached and read the article, it’s been widely reported by many people that they straight up refused to talk deal for Tanev for years.

province article from today about this:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/finally-in-play-trade-tanev-club-called-for-this-years-ago

D832A8EB-F6AD-44FC-A883-50A7E5B9C091.png

7 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

See attached and read the article, it’s been widely reported by many people that they straight up refused to talk deal for Tanev for years.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/finally-in-play-trade-tanev-club-called-for-this-years-ago

"You have to believe" from one random radio guy somewhere to another in Twitter space is somehow proof?!?!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Moving Tanev is a good idea. At this point, get what you can for him, and move on. The guy is a solid defenseman but spends so much of each season being put back together again. As timberz21 has said, having Tanev on the defense corps means that there's a 75% chance that he'll go down and the depth will be tested again, like clockwork.

Again, time to move on.

in That case Edler is re-signed. We can't have all our defense leave, unless you think Benning can get 4 top 6 D this offseason. If Edler and Tanev leave, and we already won't sign Pouliot and traded Gudbranson...So that leaves Hughes that can play in top 4 potentially. Hutton and Stecher should be playing bottom pairing so that leaves 3 to 4 spots to fill. So Benning would need to trade for a D and sign both Myers and Gardiner at the same time. I don't know about you but I think either Tanev stays or Edler, I really doubt Benning will get rid of everyone because it will be tough to replace all the D.

• Upvote 1

If we do end up trading the Tanman I hope it’s for more then a 2nd rounder. John Shannon (sportsnet bubbles) said that’s all he would give for Tanev last year at the TDL. He also would’ve given Edler a NMC for the ED... If we do trade Chris, hopefully it’s for a late first, with us retaining salary for it to happen. We will throw in a few rolls of bubble wrap as well. 

F1E3AFA6-D624-4E65-A575-7DB80FE65A0B.jpeg

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

in That case Edler is re-signed. We can't have all our defense leave, unless you think Benning can get 4 top 6 D this offseason. If Edler and Tanev leave, and we already won't sign Pouliot and traded Gudbranson...So that leaves Hughes that can play in top 4 potentially. Hutton and Stecher should be playing bottom pairing so that leaves 3 to 4 spots to fill. So Benning would need to trade for a D and sign both Myers and Gardiner at the same time. I don't know about you but I think either Tanev stays or Edler, I really doubt Benning will get rid of everyone because it will be tough to replace all the D.

Edler is probably re-signing, as per the rumored updates coming from Friedman and others. He'd be the most likely player returning, especially after the solid season he had.

Pouliot was never a top 4 player. Stecher and Hutton are far more complete defensemen than him.

20 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

If we do end up trading the Tanman I hope it’s for more then a 2nd rounder. John Shannon (sportsnet bubbles) said that’s all he would give for Tanev last year at the TDL. He also would’ve given Edler a NMC for the ED... If we do trade Chris, hopefully it’s for a late first, with us retaining salary for it to happen. We will throw in a few rolls of bubble wrap as well. 

F1E3AFA6-D624-4E65-A575-7DB80FE65A0B.jpeg

Shannon would give Edler an NMC? What an idiot. No wonder he's not working in the league as a GM.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

None of those assclowns are a source in any way.

• Like 1