The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] PK Subban's name is out there

59 minutes ago, Allt svartnar said:

No. I want all Canucks players to be born in BC or in Sweden. Period.

And one, possibly two Russians.

Teams that win the cup typically have one or two Russians. I can't recall the last time a team won *without* a Russian on board in some capacity.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Both trades are absolute lunacy and clearly written from some Nashville fan boys perspective lol

The writer is a capitals fan from Baltimore :blink:

I'd never do Horvat for Subban STRAIGHT UP nevermind including in Juolevi. Horvat is easily the 5th or 6th best player in his entire draft year and locked up to a sweet contract. Worth much more than 10th overall.

Juolevi/Virtanen, 1st, and Madden is more tolerable but still awful. Madden is probably worth a late first. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brownky said:

And one, possibly two Russians.

Teams that win the cup typically have one or two Russians. I can't recall the last time a team won *without* a Russian on board in some capacity.

Sure, that is acceptable. Possibly trade one of them russkis for Sami Salo.

41 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

L

TO VANCOUVER
Turris

2019 1st round pick (24th overall)

2019 Third round pick

TO NASHVILLE
Sutter (50% retained)
2020 1st round pick (protected)

2019 Second round pick 

So we take on a salary dump to downgrade to what would likely be a lower first round pick and from a second to a third rounder?

Am I taking crazy pills or is this trade as horrendous as I think it is?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Bergevin would never let Weber go.  

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If we had a good French Canadian player he would...

I don't think this narrative plays today the way it did in the 70's/80's when it was overtly obvious that the Habs put an emphasis on the cultural identity of players. 

Having spent a lot of time in Montreal over the past 6 years, I can tell you that the owner, management, fans, Habs Alumni (they are actually very influential to the team to this day) and media all LOVE Weber.  He is everything they thought they were getting and nothing like Punk Kid who they were sick of quite frankly. 

Weber and Price are all but untouchable in Mtl imo. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's funny how when the trade happened everyone was convinced that Weber was done.

Agreed. Now that he is healthy again, he still looks pretty amazing. The Habs won that trade in my opinion. 

A shame though to the to the treatment of PK. That guy gave up big dollars to their children’s hospital (was it 10M?). He seemed like a real fun guy too. I don’t like how the Montreal organization treated him in the end.

17 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If we had a good French Canadian player he would...

It's the leadership too.  They were in a complete mess in the 2017/18 season with dissension in the room - Weber was out injured.  Bergevin at the end of the season talked non stop about character.  He cleaned house and named Weber the captain.  

Edited by mll

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well.

To Montreal:

Troyere Stechere

Brandoun Suettere

Christophere Taneve

Guillame Briseboise

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber

Post of the day... Well played PB... in tears :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Agreed. Now that he is healthy again, he still looks pretty amazing. The Habs won that trade in my opinion. 

A shame though to the to the treatment of PK. That guy gave up big dollars to their children’s hospital (was it 10M?). He seemed like a real fun guy too. I don’t like how the Montreal organization treated him in the end.

pk is all about pk. the guy sees himself as a brand. he made a huge donation for the publicity and so that he'd be lavished with praise and so he can preach publicly about his "causes."

hard pass ... this team doesn't need that ego in the dressing room. 

Totally. He'd be worth trading for.

Yeah, that was a weird trade for sure, but clearly there was some friction in Montreal.

• Upvote 2

Just now, tas said:

pk is all about pk. the guy sees himself as a brand. he made a huge donation for the publicity and so that he'd be lavished with praise and so he can preach publicly about his "causes."

hard pass ... this team doesn't need that ego in the dressing room. 

Like they say, put your money where your mouth is (mind you, yes he has a big mouth, lol).

No NHL’er has ever donated that kind of cash (that we know of). Not even the Sedins. No matter what you say, you can’t take that away from him.

• Upvote 2