The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

33 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol yeah he would. You get an assist for breathing on the puck in the nhl.

Goalies get assists ffs.

Lol! I literally watched Mcdavid get a point last year I watched it on my pvr like 5 times and he didn’t get within 10 feet of a puck it screwed my fantasy team over hard that week, he must have spit over and touched the puck it’s the only explanation

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

They don't give out secondary assists in the K. 

Actually they do. It's negated if the there is a back and forth after the secondary pass between the primary and goal scorer.  The original tweet felt that didn't happen and he would get credit, tho maybe since it went in off a rebound maybe they don't count those types of goals?  Either way it's a dumb rule IMO.

• Thanks 1

Would it be a fair assessment to say Podkolzin is like our Russian Virtanen??? Seems to me he's got great talent but lacks consistency and focus... not sure if he'll be ready to join us in 2021-22 season.... but I'm more excited about Hoglander who could win a job in camp next season!!

• Wat 1

22 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Would it be a fair assessment to say Podkolzin is like our Russian Virtanen??? Seems to me he's got great talent but lacks consistency and focus... not sure if he'll be ready to join us in 2021-22 season.... but I'm more excited about Hoglander who could win a job in camp next season!!

Not a lot of similarities between these 2 players.  If Podz had Virt's (skating, shot), he'd already be playing in the NHL.  If Virt had Podz (defensive game, relentlessness and passion for the game) he'd likely be considered and elite player.

I have my doubts about Hogs, but I sure hope you're right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1