The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

whats really important here is whether this is Benning or Bracketts fault. 

Meh, some tit Russian reporter made click-bait. Takes nothing away whatsoever from the raw tools we see in this kid. 

And because some Russian reporter did it it’s clearly an inside job by an SKA hack with an anti Canuck agenda designed to destabilise podkolzin:bigblush:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

whats really important here is whether this is Benning or Bracketts fault. 

Meh, some tit Russian reporter made click-bait. Takes nothing away whatsoever from the raw tools we see in this kid. 

It's negative. Clearly Benning did it.

Something, something media is qualified. Something, something you guys are only whining because it's negative against Canucks.

• Cheers 1

A Russian report on Podkolzin, mixed messages. A Russian publication . who knows maybe the journalist is the equivalent to Tony Gallagher

However, the young Russian does not dominate even among his peers, and in the KHL does not stand out, scoring a modest 6 (2/4) points in 24 matches. In the last league season, he showed about the same score - 8 (2-6) points in 30 games, although on the ice he spent an average of two-plus minutes less.

The situation improved only after the forward was called up to the youth, and he played great in the Karjala Cup. Canucks general manager Jim Benning says the forward is growing and how he's expected in Canada. From the outside, he looks like a lawyer trying to justify a high selection of players under the overall 10th number in the 2019 draft.

Local media also carry out the usual propaganda work, touting the prospectus on all frets. The bar may have dropped a bit, but For Podkolzin, they still draw a place in the top six somewhere near Elias Pettersson or Bo Horvath, the young leaders of the Vancouver attack. Looks extremely utopian.

5 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

And because some Russian reporter did it it’s clearly an inside job by an SKA hack with an anti Canuck agenda designed to destabilise podkolzin:bigblush:

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

It's negative. Clearly Benning did it.

Something, something media is qualified. Something, something you guys are only whining because it's negative against Canucks.

its such a weird hatchet job of an article. I honestly don't know what would motivate a guy to write something this stupid about a 19 y.o. player. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its such a weird hatchet job of an article. I honestly don't know what would motivate a guy to write something this stupid about a 19 y.o. player. 

KGB poking something hard in to the back of your rib cage and saying something sinister like "type like I said, little monkey".

• Haha 1

Jeez, the way he has been treated by these yo-yos over in the media and KHL is nauseating and toxic. I hope for Podz’s sake we get him the $@*k out of there ASAP. That way he can be in a much better environment either in Utica or the NHL if he’s ready. At this point, I’d prefer it if Jim buys out his remaining KHL contract. 

Did a little snooping on the guy behind that Podkolzin article:

image.png.5c56bd31531c75a94638b44deae489e7.png

So, he's a "Media Officer" for the Russian Ice Hockey Federation. Hmm...

Wonder where his loyalties lie? With the kid who's refusing to extend his contract in Russia? Or with SKA (AKA Putin's favourite hockey club)?

Not that I'd ever accuse him of bias. ;) 

Mikhail looks like quite the heartbreaker too:

7095.jpeg.066bb370f36809ac12b0b3f29c09d6ad.jpeg

Sorry, I know I really shouldn't make fun of a guy's appearance, but yikes, that's a bad pic! :lol:

EDIT: Can't say I'm a fan of Mikhail Zislis's journalism, but I did like his earlier work as an actor. His portrayal of Vic Mackey in The Shield was particularly memorable. He should go back to the bald look, though. Suited him better. ;) 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It will be a measure of the journalist as much as Podkolzin. I have to say I'm becoming a tad concerned about the lack of production by Podkolzin. I'm hoping he is a player that just sjows better with a better class of team mates. It gives you some thing to look forward to for the WJC. The Canucks have a lot of prospects in the WJC

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

It will be a measure of the journalist as much as Podkolzin. I have to say I'm becoming a tad concerned about the lack of production by Podkolzin. I'm hoping he is a player that just sjows better with a better class of team mates. It gives you some thing to look forward to for the WJC. The Canucks have a lot of prospects in the WJC

I'm not. From the highlights and other analysis I've seen he seems to have a knack to enter the zone and pass well. We don't actually need him to be a finisher when you look at the skilled scorers in the lineup. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea we’re all guilty of focusing on points too much.

Hes the type of guy that will do all the dirty work for a goal and not get the credit. Hell he’d probably have at least a handful more apples if the KHL handed out second assists.

The hard work and attitude is there. The rest will come.

I thought he also had some line mates that weren't putting the puck in as well? dunno, from what I've seen in this thread I'm excited. It'll be fun to gauge where he's at in a couple of weeks, I'm sure every shift will be micro-critiqued :lol:

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not. From the highlights and other analysis I've seen he seems to have a knack to enter the zone and pass well. We don't actually need him to be a finisher when you look at the skilled scorers in the lineup. 

Keep in mind he's playing in a lower league. I'll look forward to seeing him at WJC

• Cheers 1