The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

22 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Watch that play. And then watch it again but this time try to locate Poldkozin on the breakout. Watch carefully as he makes a strong play to Stick check Take the puck away and a Let go of a great wrister to finish the play. 

Boy, do we ever need a player who checks like that!p

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Love the way he just wills the puck from his opponent & rips it in.

Were building some nice depth on the wings with him & Hoglander joining the team this year. 

Can Benning trade Virtanen for a nice 3rd line C? Bennet would look good for a Virtanen swap.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Podkolzin-Horvat-Hoglander

Pearson-Bennett-Gaudette

Motte-Beagle-Mckewan

Get rid of Sutter, Roussell and trade Virtanen. Resign Pearson for 2 mil per for 2 years. This gives us size on each line.

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Can Benning trade Virtanen for a nice 3rd line C? Bennet would look good for a Virtanen swap.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Bennett-Gaudette

Motte-Beagle-Mckewan

Get rid of Sutter, Roussell and trade Virtanen. Resign Pearson for 2 mil per for 2 years. This gives us size on each line.

pearson  is gonna want a raise not his contract halfed  id rather trade him at deadline for a second. Bennett sucks  rather sign lowry as a ufa 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

On 2/9/2021 at 11:04 AM, Coconuts said:

Podz is a bright spot for a lot of miserable Nucks fans, he looks like the real deal when put in a position to succeed. And even when he's not, he's still out there motoring away. 

He's got that Hansen no-quit engine. Always working. 

bro.... right now the prospects like him, Hoglander, Lind are our glimmer of hope.  

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

pearson  is gonna want a raise not his contract halfed  id rather trade him at deadline for a second. Bennett sucks  rather sign lowry as a ufa 

There is no way I'd pay anywhere close to 4 million for Tanner Pearson this offseason.  He is  a fringe top 6 forward at best, the production just isn't there.  Look at the market last offseason, if anything the cap is tighter for most teams.  There are a number of interesting wingers that could be on the market.  We have $25 mill+ coming off the books if you factor in Ferlands LTIR, half will go to Hughes/EP/Demko.  I really hope that we use the rest of the money to get bigger/stronger/faster younger, not just bring back the same guys on similar deals.

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

Bennett does suck. Not sure Pearson gets a raise. Probably slightly less then what he’s making now. Lowry would be a good pickup

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

There is no way I'd pay anywhere close to 4 million for Tanner Pearson this offseason.  He is  a fringe top 6 forward at best, the production just isn't there.  Look at the market last offseason, if anything the cap is tighter for most teams.  There are a number of interesting wingers that could be on the market.  We have $25 mill+ coming off the books if you factor in Ferlands LTIR, half will go to Hughes/EP/Demko.  I really hope that we use the rest of the money to get bigger/stronger/faster younger, not just bring back the same guys on similar deals.

Doesn't matter what you'd pay him. Just what other NHL teams will. Three straight 40+ point seasons. He'll get 4 million somewhere, easy. Maybe more, depending how this season goes for him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Doesn't matter what you'd pay him. Just what other NHL teams will. Three straight 40+ point seasons. He'll get 4 million somewhere, easy. Maybe more, depending how this season goes for him.

Pre covid, you may be right. Post covid I'm  doubtful

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

He does not have 3 straight 40 point seasons.  If he gets 4+ somewhere else, good for him.  No way I'd give him anywhere near that in this market.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Bennett-Gaudette

Motte-Beagle-Mckewan

Don't know if you'll get him that cheap but this is along the same lines I'm thinking.

I'd add; this season they should be moulding Gaudette into a winger, to see if he can be that guy longer term. Otherwise maybe he's a guy you deal too.

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

i didnt say i want pearson back but some team will give him 4 to 4.25 mill id rather sign a young kid to elc or cheap deal

4 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Mike Hoffman is a 36 goal scorer and got $4 million on a one year deal.  Pearson will be lucky to get $2,5 million this summer...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1